Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

i need some tips

Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Default i need some tips

this spring my uncle called a real nise gobbler in for me it was probly 20 yards out but i did not think it was a good shot anyways the hens spotted me and they ran away the last day of the season i had 1 shot at a jake running so i took it and missed and i would really like to get a turkey this fall i hear its really hard to get one in the fall i was wondering if anybody had any tips they would be much apreciated thanx
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i need some tips

1st - I would suggest using the Search button at the top of the page and research fall turkey hunting.

2nd - Because most of my time in the fall, I'm in a treestand with bow on hand, I haven't done much turkey hunting. But in the fall, the turkeys group up (tom with jakes) (hens with their poults). So the best method I've heard is to locate and pattern a group of birds, then purposely break them up. See where the birds are heading to, get in front of them, and start calling. In the fall, birds call to each other to relocate each other and group back up. Like I said, I don't have a fraction of as much experience fall bird hunting as I do spring bird hunting, so maybe someone else can chime in and help more, but this is what I have used and heard. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Default RE: i need some tips

I say this everytime I visit the forums: HuntingNet's homepage > HuntingNet (first tab top left) > Turkey hunting. Loads of information.