Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Although I didn't.....

Old 06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Although I didn't.....

Bring home a bird this past season, I learned a lot about spring gobblers. I also learned that nothing can replace all the time I spent in the woods with my kids. I seen my fair share of birds with them, none within shooting range except one and well, I already told that story.

I learned that you can overcall, undercall, be to loud or to quiet. I learned that you should use deeks or not use deeks, so I guess what I did learn turkeys are funny, what may work for one will not work for another. If you learn it all in one season guess, there wouldn't be much fun next year.... LOL

Congrats! to all of those that did score birds and Congrats! to those that tried! Take what you have learned this year and use it next season.

Time to focus on bow season and the elusive whitetails of Michigan. Many new hunting properties to try this year so hopefully I can get a nice one and help RDHunter score a buck as well!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Although I didn't.....

I learned something as well .... next year I'm gonna apply for a earlyer hunting period.
Those darn birds don't respond very well when there already " hened up "in the late season. [:@]
I'll be looking forwardto this coming archery deer season and hunting with you BullRider115.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

Laura and I have a lot to get done with the new range and once again, I have a date in mind to be open. We will be very busy the next few weeks cleaning, painting, changing some things etc. etc. etc.

I assure you this Mr. RD. I will get in a lot of scouting time come late Aug. and Sept. Jackson Co. as you know holds a lot of big deer and many farmers that hate them LOL. I think I'll put a "Deer Control" business sticker on my car door. If I am lucky this coming season, I'll have permission to be on 8-10 pieces of land covering all wind directions.

We shall see how it goes and come next bird season, I may be retired too LMAO hunt, hunt, hunt and ummm oh yeah. HUNT!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you learned something and had a good time with your kids...then it was a good season.