Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

bored of turkey hunting

Old 04-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bored of turkey hunting

tired...yes. bored...no! All the walking, carrying stuff, and the Texas sun beating down on you does begin to drain you of all your energy, but I would have to say that even with all of this, I never get bored. I am always looking for that gobbler, and as soon as I seem him, everything I had to do was well worth it. For that small time that gobbler is in the same area I am, I forget about everything else. Turkey hunting is just too much fun!!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 AM

I HAVE NEVER GOT BORED IN GODS SPRING HILLS, AFTER WORKING LOTS OF HOURS WITH PEOPLE THAT DONT WANT YOU TO BE AROUND THEM LIKE CRIMINALS LOL LOL. GOD FORTRESS AND BLANKET OF TREES AND ALL THE WILDLIFE AROUND YOU THERE IS KNOW WAY WO GETTING BORED..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

NEVER! if you get bored your hearts not into it..........................
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

NOPE!!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I read over 200 pages of a book in the blind on Saturday.

Bored? No. I've got a new way to pass the slow times, though.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Of course I do. Thats when I call to much, move when I shouldn't and basically speaking break down into dumbazz. I call it being broken down by the turkeys, much like we do to a hung up tom. Some days the turkeys break me down and I go to bumbling through the woods screwing up what otherwise would be a perfect day in the woods.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, can't say I do. Sorry
Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Guess Im not cut out to be a turkey hunter. LMAO I get bored in the turkey woods OMG! Maybe I just hunt too much??? Maybe the twenty five years Ive spent disregarding all other responsibility for a chance to see tom in full strut at the end of the barrel has cooled me off to the experience. Hogwash, Ive hunted with enough of you folks to know you get bored as well. You get up you move, you call tomuch, you peek over the neighbors fence all in an effort to disperse and break the boredom. Everyone gets bored while hunting, the consitantly successful among us know how to overcome it, stay in the hunt, and capitalize on opportunity when it does break the dulldrums.

Sorry folks, but I call BS on your always living it up excited about what may come replies here. Im a vetran of hundreds of dead turkeys and will hunt as long and as hard as anyone, but to say I never get bored in the turkey woods would be a flat out lie.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Speak for yourself brother. If I got bored turkey hunting, then I wouldn't do it. Turkey hunting can be slow at times, but there are things you can do to avoid boredom. Being in the outdoors is never boring. If I were sitting at home on a day I could be turkey hunting, then I would be bored. If I doze off in the woods while turkey hunting, it's not because I'm bored, it's because I am sleepy. Of course I don't stay in the woods all day turkey hunting. I'll hunt til 10 or 11, then go eat and nap and then get back out about 4 or 4:30. Maybe I don't have time to get bored.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowperro

does anyone else get bored while turkey hunting

I get burned out once it starts getting warmer. Got like that today. They are logging right along the property line too, and once the logging starts, the gobbling stops.

I either take a nap or read a book. I've woken up to see turkey's running the other way before, they must hear me snore or something.

Quick Reply: bored of turkey hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.