Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

couple of Ohio Birds

Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default couple of Ohio Birds

Had a helluva great time witha buddy inSE Ohiothese past three days. Everywhere I went I was known as the Canadian Guy and I soon learned that most of of the town knew I was invisiting so the pressure was on to kill a turkey .

More fun than I can share but here's a few pics with some details.

This is bird number 2 shot on Tuesday.

This picture was taken from our Monday morning set up in a pasture feild on a high ridge. You can see a green feild in the top of the pic a couple miles in the distance. After a morning of no action or gobbles I was sitting where this pic was taken and noticed black spots in that feild. Binocs confrimed turkeys and we made our way over.
After a steep climb up the ridge, thru a bull coral with a 2000lb bull staring at us(not sure if the #6 would of stopped him ), I reached the bush line along the bottom of this feild. I slipped up thru the trees and briars whilemy buddywaited back. peaked out and didn't see them so I got into position. Couple cuts and a gobble blew my hat off. A few purrs and this bird came straight thru the thick, nasty briars right behind me. I was pinned down and couldn't move. At 5 feet away he finally saw me and putted. I swung and saw the red, white and blue head. I thought "God Bless America" and just as he took flight dropped him.

Wasn't sure I made a good hit so I took off looking for a way to get to him thru the briars. tried busting through and ended up with a thorn firmly planted in my top lip . Standing there pulling it out and bleeding I thought he could run off if he wanted. Turns out I nailed him in the head where I was aiming and he wasn't going anywhere.
another one with my buddy and Tuesdays bird

We were hunting hard into our second day and finally late morning started to get some gobbles to our locates. After going to a couple birds that wouldn't work to the calls we finally found three hot ones. Kept moving over a ridge to find out they were still over even further. After moving 3 ridges we found them in a gas line.

We should of went 3 for 3 with Weds hunt. It still pains mebut aftermoving 4 times on him to get infront as he moved from one ridge to the next he finally decided to come running. Unfortuneatly we thought he was still hung up in the hollow and were re-postioining when the red and white head peekd over the rise and then ran off. Hopefully after tomorrow morning it will finally have a happy ending
Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: couple of Ohio Birds

Great story and awesome pics. Congrats
Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! Great pic's too!!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

hey nice job man, great pics and scenery