Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Military Camo

Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Military Camo

My question is does anybody wear any style of Military camo for hunting. As of right now I do not but I am thinking about it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Military Camo

ive killed 2 longbeards while wearing a military woodland camo jacket. and my tiger strip military boonie hat.

movement is key in turkey hunting. blending in helps...i dont care what camo you wear...if you move when they are looking your busted. i try to find me a big tree, or a small tree with bushes around it to break me up and conceal me..or a blow down etc..
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have before, not since I bought new camo, but I think it works pretty good. My buddy still wears his and I dont think I blend in all that much better than him. Like mauser said, movement is the real key.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 AM

i use too
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it will work fine. As mauser06 said, as long as you keep your movement down to a minimum, it should be fine. The more you can blend in with your suroundings, the better.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm a firm believer of Army surplus clothing for any hunting. Heck, for years, we used Jeans, Flannel Shirts and if we wanted to break up the pattern, we used home made camoed Burlap sacks!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:03 PM

The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation has a public broadcasting television show called "Outdoor Oklahoma" on it, they had a couple of people with the department, hunting turkey, one of them was wearing military camo (except vest) and he successfully harvested a bird. I think if the Oklahoma Wildlife Department say OK, then OK. Why not?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Spike

We've been using military woodland camo for years with good success. See the post of my son's first turkey last Saturday. He's wearing the camo suit that's been in my family for a while and has been on many turkey hunts, some which resulted in carrying out heavy gobblers. Woodland pattern has lots of green and is very dark overall which are both good spring hunting colors.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use to when I had a steady supply of it. I have two sets of old BDUs left with all of my rank,badges, tabs sewn on that I have never worn. Unfortunately, I can't fit in them anymore. There is nothing wrong with military camo....anything that breaks your outline and somewhat blends in with the colors around you.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, check out my pants on the left. Direct from the marine corp supply store. (Dad's an ex-marine) No problems whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Military Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.