Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 I got two gobblers in one shot! >

I got two gobblers in one shot!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I got two gobblers in one shot!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got two gobblers in one shot!

If you are on Team #4 "Thunder Chickens"...then you have probably already read this on our team thread....

I went out and got two gobblers....in one shot!

I went out Saturday evening and completely forgot my call bag that I use (too excited about hunting). So I just sat the decoys up and watched over them and saw nothing that day. I was very disappointed. Went out the next day, Sunday, and I called in three hens and three gobblers from about 200 yards away. One gobbler came in by himself, but out-smarted me (that may be why he has a beard dragging the ground). He took off and joined up with the other two gobblers and three hens. I continued to call and got them to come over, but the "smart" gobbler wouldn't come any closer than 70 or 80 yards and eventually went off another direction. However the other two gobblers and 3 hens kept on comming and came within about 30 yards. One of the two gobblers had a really messed up fan, so I wasn't very interested in him. The "messed up" gobbler kept getting in the way of the one I was after, and when I had a chance to shoot the one that I wanted, I guess the pattern was just wide enough and got him as well.

When talking to the taxidermist, he thought that a preditor may have been chasing the "messed up" gobbler and bit-down on his fan but the gobbler was able to get away. He only had about 6 tail fan feathers (this was no jake)! The "meesed up" one was actually a bigger bird than the one that I am getting a fan mount of.

Stats:
Gobbler getting mounted: 1 1/4" and 1 1/8" spurs with a 8 3/4" beard weighing in at 22 lbs
"Messed up gobbler": 1" and 1" spurs with a 10" beard weighing in at 23 lbs

Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I got two gobblers in one shot!

pic #2

Nontypical Buck

pic #3

Nontypical Buck

pic #4

Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 AM

congrats. on the birds. did the same thing on the opening sunday morning.had 7 birds come in and hit two with one shot.

I got chastized really hard from some people that said I was a poucher.[:'(][:@]. I really don't care what others thank about it , things just happen.

"you done did good."
Old 04-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

I say congrats, hard to beat 2 for 1. I'm surprised nobody has had a fit about this. There are some around here that do no wrong.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

It is the huntersresponsibility to do everything possible to avoid these senarios. If you do not have two tags, one of the two birds were poached.There is no grey area in game laws... unlike civil laws.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Now here I am looking for my first archery gobbler.......and you go and post something like this.

Just kidding. AWESOME job.....and a story for the ages!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! Nice hooks!!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

congrats nice job.

Quick Reply: I got two gobblers in one shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.