Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Need some help

Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Need some help

I'm goingout this weekend to try to geta bird but we are getting snow. Is there anything I need to do differant then a normal spring opening day hunt. Like calling and getting birds to come in when the weather is not all that good. I do remember 3 years age it was raining an dvery windy a managed to get one to come in.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Need some help

Hey I have shot them in the snow? Yep - even knocked the wife off the bed so I could have the white sheet to hide with.

what I did was find a pine - trimmed a branch or two and sat under the snow covered branches.

JW
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 AM
neb
Typical Buck

Thamks JW I will ta;e a white sheet with me I don't know if the calling will be the same.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: neb

Thamks JW I will ta;e a white sheet with me I don't know if the calling will be the same.
neb, I have taken turkeys on sunny days, in snowstorms (a blizzard), thunderstorms, and just plain ole misserable rain. What I found is that with snow storms, they like to be in the edge of the bush, not so much in the open fields.

But as for calling being the same, I have always found that rom day to day, the calling is usualy different anyway. Some days this will work, other days that works,but that is turkey hunting and why most of us love it.

Good luck and have fun learning.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM

I have found that they tend to stay on the roost longer with snow during the night with 4 iches on the ground in the am.