Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Take a look

Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Take a look

So tomorrow is the first morning of season. My friend lives in a house above an old powerline strip. Hardwoods border the powerline and the food plot. The food plot is elevated above the powerline. And there is an ankle deep creek that separates the two. The dark green is hardwoods. The light green is knee high grass in the plot that hasnt been bush hogged yet. It's about 200 yards from the elevated food plot to the powerline. My friend has seen turkeys in his back yard recently. I won't have a chance to roost them tonight. Where would you guys suggest setting up? On the powerline or in the foodplot?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:06 AM

Default RE: Take a look

Depending on when he has been seeing the turkeys in his backyard, I would set up on the powerline. Once you get there in the morning and find out where they are, you will be able to decide on where to set up.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go on the powerline.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM

I would initially set up along the powerlines. Once you locate turkeys in the morning, then you'll know exactly where to set up. Best of luck to you.
-- B
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, stay with the powerlines to start with and then you will be able to figure out where they are at, and set up appropriately to deal with them.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 AM

I would be doing some owl calling from the power lines. Judging by your picture with the creek being closer the power lines I expect them to be roosted on the power line edge. So this would be my first guess. However, that food plotlooks close enough to the creek that I would not be overly surprised if they pitched down to the food plot.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Hunt the powerline.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd hunt the back poarch... Thats were the turkey are
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Listen out in the morning from the powerline and then get moving to where they are!