Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How far for a 410??

Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How far for a 410??

I kinda agree with Tom L, I was thinking but didnt want to post and tick anyone off but what I was thinking was letting him shoot the 20 with REAL light loads and some heavy clothes on and then switching into turkey loads the day of his hunt, you will have to pattern yourself ofcourse but when that gobbler or Jake is sitting their he wont even feel the kick..I know its kinda a crappy thing to do but after he shoots and doesnt complain then you pull out the shells and show him and his confidence will boost....Just a suggestion thats all..
Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How far for a 410??

I had that idea also, and I think that is the way to go. I will get some #8s and let him shoot that and then if we do get a shot at a turkey he will have the confedence to make a good shot.