Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ThermaCELL Review

Old 03-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default ThermaCELL Review

I just posted my ThermaCELL review, let's hear what everyone else has to say about this product!

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=626
Old 03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ThermaCELL Review

I have been using one for the last few years myself. Two thumbs up all the way!!

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/
Old 03-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Opening morning of Archery Antelope in Colorado, August 2006. Sitting in my Double Bull blind next to a water hole. Morning starts off, nice, slight breeze, no bugs. One hour later, I could hardly hear over the sound of all of the buzzing. They were in and on my blind. Mixture ofblack flies and smaller critters. By noon, I had to give up to keep my sanity.

Went to Wal-Mart that night, thought I would by one of those candle things... Say the ThermaCell and thought what the hell. Went out the next morning, fired it up and hunted all day.

Now, I don't go warm weather hunting without it!!!!! I can't believe how well it works. I have told a few of my buddies and they are now proud owners of their own.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

It's gold!

Late season here is end of May. Grass is long, wet. Bush is green and there is mosquitoes everywhere. I have hadfar too many hunts cut short when I could not take the mosquitoes anymore. That changed last year when I got a Thermacell. Sit down in thick patch of mosquitoes and in minutes it's just you.

Most of you may not know much about Northern Ontario and mosquiotes on a hot summer night. Up north at my in-laws camp there is no sitting out at night on the porch or around a campfire. You have to go inside and eventaully the screen door becomes a solid mass of mosquitoes. One hot night (80 degrees) last summer I challenged the Thermacell. My father-in-law thought it was yet another one of those new gimmicks that was just throwing your money away. Well as darkness was full upon us and we were still sitting outside having another beer we both were convinced. Just to be sure it wasn't a fluke I turned it off. Within about 15-20 mins we were drove inside.

It works!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Excellent review as always, Ryan!

I love my ThermaCell. I won't go into the woods without it.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd sooner go hunting without my gun than without a thermacell.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a good review to me all around
Old 03-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

After reading these posts I am going to try one. I fish on the Mississippi River on a hot humidnight the bugs drive you nuts.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:53 AM

I just ordered 3 on March 16. I did some research for the past 6 months and believed this product to be golden. Thanks for the conformatin of money well spent. Mosquitos on my bear hunt this Springis one less thing my buddies and I will be worried about.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine. I even use it around the yard at home.

Quick Reply: ThermaCELL Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.