Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Public Land Brids

Old 03-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Public Land Brids

ORIGINAL: life_is_short_hunt_hard

there is actually an area that is best accessible by a boat. i think this is in fact where the bird(s) that we heard were near. i may go out in early april and scout some more when the ice on the lake there melts. we'll see what happens. thanks for the advice.
They do like to roost near water. I think you'll like the boat approach.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once again I was pravoked into a argument... Paul I've never really had a prob with you and I still don't. I know the deal... You can't respond to my post for fear that you to will be out casted... I understand dude...

As for you other two... Don't let me stop ya from visiting the hunting net... Whats wrong you tryed to get me kicked off and they wont do it... So your going to punish the board by not comeing on

I know your type. You got money and plenty of friends... Once you find out they can hook you up with hunting property they quikly become your best friend...

Hopefully big Dan's not becomeing your wifes best friend while you guys are chasing turkeys all over the place

Old 03-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Mr.Legend,I offered ya a chance to come here and prove how good ya are but ya didn't have the balls.How bout I come there and we hunt you're impossible to kill birds.We could hunt for 3 days and see what happens.we could even put a lil wager on it.Maybe I'll take care of your wife for ya while I'm there.I'm sure she'd like A REAL MAN.Ya know,one with balls!You still don't get it.I hunt public land and it's not as hard as you try to make it out to be.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

To my fellow turkey hunters i wanna apologize for lettin some jerk drag me down to his level.I don't come here much anymore cause I knew it was only a matter of time till I blew a gasket.I can't stand back and watch someone try to belittle and embarrass others who love this sport.Once again I apologize.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: OntElk

was just curious to see if anyone has any tips or suggestions for hunting public land birds
Your chance to answer that.

Not gonna do it I guess. All this time I was given you the benefit of the doubt after your smart a$$ comments about public versus private. Lol

If Public Land will make a turky hunter out of ya then we're all ears. It's a no brainer

What's a no brainer? If it's gets lots of pressure go somehwere else? In other words go find unpressured birds? Is part of being a good public land turkey hunter going to hard to reach places where other hunters won't go? In other words find unpressured birds?

All those hunters (excuse me)...wannabe hunters, whoshare private land with multiple other hunters all hammering away at the same flock of birds want to know. LMAO

Pardon me for intruding on all the bickering here....however, as someone who pretty much hunts nothing but public land due to the dwindling private land I have hunted since my childhood, I think his question was a valid one.

There will be mornings where you will head to the spot you intend to hunt only to find someone already set up with a decoy. This of course will throw off your entire hunt unless you are able to change your plan on the fly. I never once failed to take a bird off of public land and have even taken some away from other hunters...albeit it is somewhat of a competition who can call that big tom in to take the kill. No more than having to compete with live hens I suppose.

Anyway, as someone new to this forum, and this having been the first thread I have read, it appears this person asked a simple question only to be jumped on by others.

I wish you all a good hunt.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silent Death,I think you misunderstood.The person who asked the question isn't the one bein jumped on.You have exactly the right idea about these forums.They should be used to help each other and offer congrats on successful hunts kinda like your huntin partners would do.Problem is we have a member who choses to not to be very nice.Example a few weeks back a very respected member here posted a picture of last years bird.Everyone here gave kudos except for one person,his comment was somethin like guess thats what happens when ya hunt private ground.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, I was referring to the aforementioned Mr Longbeard as well.

Another example. A fella posted a picof his birds and was belittled for having only shot 2 birds.

Another example. A young hunter excited for his FIRST EVER turkey hunt posted a question about a pic of some turkeys on his property and was belittled again by this individual. Somethng about it won't be hard, private land, blah blah blah....in essence told the kid he's not a real turkey hunter before the young lad had ever went on his first hunt.

He's just a bad influence on the object of the board. He's been around so long throwing this trash talk out that most seem to just let it go. Man, the other forums like deer or bowhunting forums, if they had a cancer like this, they'd be all over him constantly.

Mr Longbeard wasn't provoked into anything. He was asked a question about his supposed area of expertise and avoided it. I don't know who Paul , Big Dan is? and it's irrelevant to my issue. Mr Longbeard is the one who needs to go away IMO. He poisons too may threads.

I have my thoughts on his issue but I think Jalva said it just about perfect and needed to be said.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I've ever stated was that Pressured public land gobblers are harder to hunt than Unpressered private property birds... Just so happens that 99% of the hunters that frequent this forum hunt private proprerty... So naturally were not going to see eye to eye...

I cant help it the truth hurts... You get some guy on hear saying turkey are turkeys no matter were you hunt and I'm supost to keep my mouth shut and agree with him and wish him luck with his spring season...

I got a news flash for ya... He doesent need any luck...

Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Mr. Longbeard,I am not very impressed with your success as a public land turkey hunter.You try to tell everyone how tough it is.If I had a five week season it would not be hard to get two birds.Try doing it in five days like we have in WI.I think most people are sick of your better than everyone esle attitude.Get over yourself!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

All I've ever stated was that Pressured public land gobblers are harder to hunt than Unpressered private property birds
RFLMAO [8D]

Read your own signature. You have said far far more than that.

99%???? How is it that you come to that figure?

Oh wait I know! By making stating it is so, you create yourself to be in your own little elite class. Like was said, a legend in your own mind.

I'm guessing there is somethingsmall about you and you have low self-esteem. This nameless, faceless place is such a great place to come and knock others down. The primary tactic of someone with low-self esteem which supposedly makes them feel bigger.

LOL [&:]You're a piece of work Mr. L and by the complete and true meaning of the word, no turkey hunter .

Quick Reply: Public Land Brids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.