Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Remingtion 870 ????

Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remingtion 870 ????

Does anyone know the best place to buy part of an 870? When I bought my 870, it came with two barrels. I use the slug barrel for deer and when I put a scope on it, it made it very difficult to remove the barrel (would involve taking the scope and rings off).

So I am left with a bird barrel. Now I'm either looking at selling the barrell or buy the rest of an 870 for my barrell. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, where? and how much do they run? Thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remingtion 870 ????

I bought an 870 with a bird barrel then bought a slug barrel and scope. I got tired of changing them back and forth and redoing my scope. If you like your 870 buy another to shoot or do what I did and buy just a bird gun. If you want to seel your barrel try the classifieds gun forum section on this site
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a scope mount on my 870 that bolts onto thereceiver by replacing the 2 pins in the trigger assembly. It is easy to change out the barrels, but I hate having to re sight for slugs in the fall and turkey loads in the spring. I just bought a second scope mount and a NWTF 2x32 Simmons shotgun scope that I plan on sighting n with my turkey loads this spring.My plan is to have one scope sighted for turkeyloadswith my vented rib barrel and one sighted in for slugs. I think there will be less work when I put the other scope back on this fall as I'm currently shooting 50 yard clover leaf patterns with my smoothbore barrel. I'm sure I'll have to re-zero every season, buthopefully not by that much.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM

ebay is always willing to accept them but i feel that i never seem to get what i'd honestly value the item at when i sell something on there no matter what it is. i guess that's the price you pay to basically have it sold for you.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM

You might try gunsamerica.com
They might have something you can use. Or local pawn shops.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM

dang it, double post caused by a faulty wireless connection. my apoligies.