Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 AM

Default RE: Team 3 Official Thread!!!

Quiksilver, You are right few and far between! I have only done it 3 times!!! But Its all where you hunt. I have past on alot of birds to get to that one. Take care and good hunting....
Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well boys... tagged out in MA today....
Had a very exciting morning had a picture perfect hunt.
He only weighed 17lb 6 oz, had a 9" beard and 3/4" spurs... but, he put on one hell of a show spitting, drumming, and gobbling the whole way in on a wood road behind my father's house.
Beautful overcast morning with all of the fresh green foliage. I love it. I always have luck towards the end of the season when noone is hunting.
I believe this is one of the birds in the pic of the early spring tom's in my dad's yard. I have been after him for over 2 weeks!

http://i4.tinypic.com/6c5icjt.jpg

I have one more NY tag to fill and a couple CT... if I can get their again.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Jeeze Western!! Too bad its not bigger than ur best one. O well get him in NY!

and Quicksilver, i still keep on forgetting to send a SASE[:@]. I'll try tonight and she'll be in the mail soon
Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Way to go Westernma. you had a great season
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Helped my buddy who shot the Jake tag out w/ a nice 19# Sat AM. Fun hunt. No pics yet... I'll try to get some posted.
Couldn't hunt this AM cuz of work... drove by my father's and of course, 3 houses down there was a nice tom standing in the lawn. I'm gonna try to get a friend to shoot him someday this week.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

I'm your friend Western!!

I'm heading up to the cabin this weekend and gunna try to get a nice tom. I dunno whether to put up my bow and switch to the 12 GA. or stay with the Hoyt.

What do you boys think?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

bring the bazooka!!!! jk...
if you have your heart set on shooting them w/ the bow... stick to it...

Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Hey, its Rem, and I'm back after a few weeks off! I have been fishing lately after tagging out and getting my uncle a bird. I head off for San Antonio in 34 days for Air Force Basic, but I am gonna hunt as much as I can til season closes. If i end up getting stationed in Texas after my tech school is done in November, I wil be able to stay around Witchita Falls and bag me a buck and then a nice gobbler in the spring. Hey TXJourneyman, how far away are you form San Antonio and Witchita Falls? If I end staying in Texas you will have to let me know about some good hunting areas in the areas around there if you know any. Well, I am going out tommorow to help my uncle fill his second tag, and the birds are still gobbling as much as they did opening day. I have been heloing chop the hay fields and helped my gramp plant his food plot and have seen 6 toms still out and about. Season ends the 31st but I still have plenty of time! See ya later and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Remington,
Good luck at Basic. I hope your uncle tags out.
Went out today and had no luck. Drove up the road and saw a beauty strutting in a field that I can't hunt! Oh the irony...
Oh well... season is almost over here. I will hopefuly get out this Sat one last time.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where has eveyone been? Hopefully filling those tags....
We are all done here in MA & NY... Time to start fishing and getting ready for bow season in Mid Sept...
All in all had a great season... I just bought a new house and will be moving in August... That will keep me occupied until bow season.
I couldn't make it out this past Sat because of the home inspection stuff, but did a drive by in a field by my father's and saw a really nice Tom strutting w/ a hen in the field around 7am. I called my brother in law because I figured he'd be in the woods far behind the field. He was and I coached him on the location of the bird and told him to give me a call after he shot him.
Well, around 10 am the phone finally rang. The bird ended up leaving the hen late and coming in on a string...
20#, 1 & 1/4" spurs, 10" beard.

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.