Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT" >

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Well, it was close, but no cigar. I had the bird roosted. I set up in a chufa patch on the edge of a greenfield 150 yards from the roost. The bird must have gobbled a hundred times. He flew down in the woods! That put him behind me. He showed up at 15 yards behind me and hung up. I chased him all over the woods till I had to get to work.My kids are gone on spring break so, I'm getting every chance I can in. I've got another bird roosted, but it's a team hunt with an old friend. I'll be after him in the morning.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team all the guys that have just checked in.Arjuna, that is a good tactic when the gobblers are henned up.The awy it sounds it worked almost.Kepp at it we will be there for backup, eventually.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ttt
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Hey Guys! I just found out I got put on this team, Im pumped and am hunting in Missouri. Weve got a couple weeks but theyre already gobbling pretty good. If I need to do more to check in, let me know. Im ready to enter a monster longbeard in this thing, lets win this thing.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome, Angus. We're glad you're here. Good luck.

I'm heading out again tomorrow evening to roost a bird and then hunt on Saturday. It's bound to turn my way soon enough.

Yesterday, I had two foxes come within 4 feet of me. Then a spike buck bedded down 35 yards from me. The bird flew down 60 yards away and went the other direction. I don't know if the foxes scared him...if I scared him or what. Anyway it was still an exciting hunt.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Your gonna connect one of these days Arjuna, I can feel it. Keep us updated.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome Angus,Arjuna keep trying what type of ground are you hunting? Public, Private
Old 03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Ultimag, I hunt both public and private land. The first hunt of the season for me was public as was the youth day hunt the Saturday prior to season opener. The last hunts have all been on private land. None of the hunts have been on the same property. I have been hunting different birds each time. I'm a Methodist preacher so I get lots of folks who let me hunt all around the state. Its a blessing, but I can't usually take people with me.

I know I'll get a bird, I just can't believe how many different situations have occurred in just this first week. I'm having the time of my life anyway. Last year I was building a new house when turkey season was in, so I didn't get to hunt much. This year I'm gonna make up for it.

Good luck to all the Thunderstutters.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Does anyone here hunt with a bow? If so, what broadheads do you find are decent for turkeys?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Hey guys, Just thought I check in again,, Im getting really excited, I went out and listened this morning, and heard 5 or 6 birds gobbling on the roost, all on our property, I know a few of them were together, and were talking quite a bit. I had to leave about 8:30 to take my four wheeler to be serviced, and had about an hour drive, I kept expecting to see birds in the fields but didnt see any until I was almost back home, and then at 1:30 this afternoon, I saw two big gobblers in full strut with about 7 or 8 hens, in a field about 75 yards from the road, It was just like a picture, it was one of the most beautiful things Ive seen in a while, the gobblers were awesome, full strut facing the road side by side, watching their hens, the sun was hitting them and making their feathers shine all irridescent and colorful, and those white heads looked like big softballs standint out against the black and brown of their feathers, it was something to see, it really got my heart pumping, I cant wait till the 16th so I can get after em.

Hang in there Arjuna, youll get on of those gobblers anchored in no time, cant wait for you to get first score for the team, is anyone else getting to hunt them on our team, and who gets to go next?

Quick Reply: Team 2 !!! "THUNDERSTRUT"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.