Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 10 "Huntin Buddies" >

Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Default RE: Team 10 Check in.

Well, I wanted to post the pics of my slam this year. They're in order beginning with my Osceola kill to my Eastern kill in Missouri. I had a great year and really put a hurtin' on some turkeys. Next year, I'm going to start my season off in Hawaii and then hit the northeast of the country. Maine, New Jersey, Delaware, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania will be the ones for next year. I have to go to a turkey safety course in Delaware, but I'll worry about that in February. If anyone wants any information on the places I hunted this year then feel free to ask. Check out the pics and I should have my turkeys back in a couple of months. Take care and God bless.

David Ellis
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Grand Slam 2007

Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ok Deeg I'll take ya up on the offer about where you hunted this year. Im wanting to attempt the grand slam in 2008. This is something Ive wanted for years. I want it to happen. I want the Grand Slam. Can ya give me some advise.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Okay folks, your scores are posted.I only posted what was on the spreadsheet from this thread. If you want scores posted from all the birds you have taken, (as most others have done) get the scores to deeg andI will get them posted. I will get Pats scores this weekend whenI am out at his house and get them posted.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

This might be a little late? Score 67 Bird Dog - I have not been on-line in many many weeks! Sorry for the delay - still proud!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats BIRD DOG. I dont believe its too late. Some seasons havent closed yet...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Well finally checking back in after the strangest season i've ever had but i noticed i had a score posted next to my name????? we had an unbelievable amount of rain in eastern KS this spring and it really messed the birds up. the annual trip to SD was the wierdest ever. we saw signs of turkeys everywhere but never heard 1 gobble in 3 days! the 4th day was washed out with torrential rain. i ended my KS season with 1 shot. had a tom and several jakes behind some heavy cover and bellycrawled into range. i was sure i was shooting the tom in the bunch but when i went to retrieve him it was a big jake and wouldn't you know it, a 2nd jake got in the way and bit it too. spent the remainder of the season trying to help my son get his first bird. he had several chances at jakes but had his mind up to take a tom but they just didn't cooperate. oh well, there's always the fall season in a few months.
here's the score on the biggest bird:
16.2 lbs, 4" beard, 5/8 spurs

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Mine was a weird one too, to tired to type it out now but I will soon.

Nice pic of you and the boy with the birds!

Only 10 months until we get back at it again!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats jghoffman on a couple fine birds. Great pic of you and your son.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Well team mates sorry I wasn't around that much this spring. I did get to harvest3 birds this past spring. One in Kansas and one in Nebraska and one in FRlorida completing my Grand slam. The biggest one I shot was a 9 inch beard with 1 inch spurs and weighed 18.7lbs. I will get my score posted for the team.
Pat

Quick Reply: Team 10 "Huntin Buddies"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.