Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How much do you think this turkey weighs? >

How much do you think this turkey weighs?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How much do you think this turkey weighs?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: How much do you think this turkey ways?

Hes a 2 year old bird, Id say around 20lbs. Hes nice though. Id shoot him. Its hard to say about the one behind him in the last pic. He looks to have bigger spurs, so Id say the one behind him is at least a 3 year old. He will probably weigh more.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:49 PM
JW
Super Moderator

22 to 24 lbs and a few ounces!

The spurs I see tells me he is definitely a 2 yr old and may be even 3 - but no more!

JW
Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the weight is importantyou might want to start putting more bait out

As far as you killing the bird I don't think that will be a prob for ya

I'd would wish you luck but I dont think you'll need any...

I guees the best advise I can give ya is to keep your batterys fresh

Old 03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give me permission to sit there and I'll show you how much he weighs...
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Hes a 2 year old bird, Id say around 20lbs. Hes nice though. Id shoot him. Its hard to say about the one behind him in the last pic. He looks to have bigger spurs, so Id say the one behind him is at least a 3 year old. He will probably weigh more.
Is there a certain age you should be looking for like deer hunting?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Any Gobbler you take is a awesome. I myself like taking an older turkey. I like the long spurs. Especially if he's a limb hanger. Lots of turkey hunters like taking an older bird. But no there is no certain age. Some will take a jake others pass on them and take a mature tom. Lots of times it depends on how early in the season it is and how late in the season its getting to be. I say if Im presented a shot Im taking it. If its late in the season I will bust a jake. Its really personal preference...
Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Any Gobbler you take is a awesome.
no, no no. It must be a public land gobbler or it's not really a turkey hunt. You must have multiple kills before you can start revelling in your success because unless you have both these qualities I have learned then well.....you're not really a turkey hunter[8D]
Old 03-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Well I see it different even though I have 7 public land gobblers. To me any gobbler is awesome even a jake. Ive killed 24 birds since 1985 and everyone has been awesome. I wouldnt trade anything for anyone of those birds. I dont disagree that public land gobblers are definetly harder. It comes down to putting your time and hard work in.As a matter of fact I still hunt public ground from time to time. But to say that its not a turkey hunt when you havent had multiple kills is hogwash. Just my opinion...
Old 03-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

I dont disagree that public land gobblers are definetly harder. It comes down to putting your time and hard work in.As a matter of fact I still hunt public ground from time to time. But to say that its not a turkey hunt when you havent had multiple kills is hogwash. Just my opinion...
Its not the gobblers that are tougher...its the rest of the other idiots who don't know how to hunt with any decent etiquette or respect. The last bird I shot on public land in SC, I pulled the trigger and within 15 minutes I had two differnt hunters come walking up the road calling like a broken record stuck on repeat. One even bothered to wear his good blue jeans and then had the audacity to ask why I had shot his bird... I kindly replied...I have been sitting here all morning... no other cars were parked when I got here. Turns out he acctually had me boxed in, and I had to wait for him to come out to move his truck before I could leave. Tisk Tisk.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

5 maybe 6

Quick Reply: How much do you think this turkey weighs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.