Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ok?

Old 03-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Default ok?

Old 03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: calling any in???

The only time I ever try calling them in is when I'm hunting. Why educate the birds and make them call shy when you cant make it count!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

The only time I ever try calling them in is when I'm hunting. Why educate the birds and make them call shy when you cant make it count!
I agree ... why go out and tip them off , letting the birds know your out there is only going to hurt your chance's.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM

gulvas they say the turkey has a brain the size of a pea but they are very smart birds dont be callin till your season opens and call then and get one . Good luck be safe & shoot straight.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Yep I agree with every one else. Its the best way to mess yourself up when the season comes in.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM

Call shy has to be the most overused term there is.If your are saying that a turkey is call shy that means that it will not respond to another turkey.That is not what happens.Turkeys get people shy from being called to and spooked.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Wacker, no need to split hairs. I belive what they are refering to is what you are refering too also. But like everyone else said, why would you want to? lol
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 PM

i did and i enjoyed it it is very good practice
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

it is not a very good idea at all. the birds dont only get "call shy" from being spooked..they also get call shy from going to hen calls time after time to find no hen. in nature ready hens will find gobblers. thats why many hang up. we try to reverse nature and make the gobblers come to the hens. it works..when the gobbler is that fired up or that lonely. could be the ugly bird lol. in nature female species pick and choose who they want to mate with and a couple dominant birds do most of the breeding. calling before the season is a good way to ruin your chances once the season is here and theres no reason to do it. practice your calls at home and do your scouting with your legs, eyes and ears not your calls. theres a pretty big problem with preseason calling in PA. with so many hunters doing it, it definently has its effects.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, if I think you are who I think your are, it's a loaded question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.