Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 anybody hunt turkey from a blind >

anybody hunt turkey from a blind

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

anybody hunt turkey from a blind

Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anybody hunt turkey from a blind

Turkey hunting from my Double Bulls blind has already become tradition for me. It has been by FAR my most effective method of hunting the birds. In fact, these quality pop up blinds have also enabled me to take along several other folks to introduce to the sport. I know both of my Double bulls blinds (Matrix and the T5) have totally changed my game and even made bowhunting the birds my favorite thing to hunt! Man, there is just something to be said about consistently getting birds 10 yards away!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Jalva. The cameraman is someone we both know

I agree with not using one most of the time. I have said before I think you learn more being mobile and getting in different set ups. Blinds will lock you down in one spot.

They are great for rain, young hunters joining you and wives and also when you have a second guy with a camera. Also I guess sometimes the set up requires you to be in one spot so they can be good for that. Just another tool in the arsenal!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt out of my Amerostep Brickhouse TSC blind when im huntin with a bow or have my daughter(14) along.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a new one that will be used for my daughter and I this year. I am hopping that it will work great.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a new one that will be used for my daughter and I this year. I am hopping that it will work great.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

I don't use blinds because I like to move. The fun of turkey hunting for me is matching wits with a gobblng bird, "playing the game" as I call it. The most memorable birds I've taken have been the type that I have chased across hills, ditches, and "hollers", setting up in different places and finally getting him to gun range.

I am making a concession this year because my #1 goal is to help get my 10-year old son his first gobbler. I plan to construct several "blinds" around our lease using natural material (cane, logs, etc). These will be in field edges and likely calling spots near roosting areas.

Tip: take a pair of clippers with you so you can quickly snip fresh green branches to stick in the ground around you. Many times this is just as good as a blind if you have a large tree behind your back.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blinds such as the Dog House Blind work excelent. If youre hunting over an open field setup along the edge just inside the woods maybe 5-10 yards on the opposite side from where you expect the birds to come out of. Setting up too close may ruin your chances on the big boss tom. Camo your blind even more with twigs branches and what everelse isnatural around you.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 AM

Double Bull period! I started in 1996 bow hunting only for birds & used everything you can imagine. The only draw back to a blind is not moving from place to place. I now own two & that helps...
Comfy chair, food & drink, I need a heater someAM's hear in WI, PATIENCE!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting turkeys from a blind is great way to hunt. Just make sure that the windows for your shooting lane is the only windows that you have open. If they look through your window and its black your good but if the back window is open and they see that light, bye bye turkey.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

So wheen you hunt from a blind, where do you set up, and what are some things that I need to know. I have read all of the posts on this thread, but was just wondering if there was some other things I need to know. Do you just set it up, and stay in one place all the time? Or do you move it around? Do I need to hunt field edges, or hunt the tiumber?

Quick Reply: anybody hunt turkey from a blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.