Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Unidentified Tracks

Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Unidentified Tracks

I was taking my dog for a walk through the woods in my neighborhood we've had about 8 inches of snow in the past week. The picture below are the tracks i stumbled across i know for sure it was a bipedal animal it was the same pattern as a human track but i have never seen anything like this before each impression was about a foot long and spaced about a foot and a half apart but the thing thats really confusing is the impression was only a few centimeters deep into the snow I attempted to make a similar depth with my boot, it was a very dry snow so there was no support from ice on the snow whatever it was had to only be making maybe 4 ounces of pressure on the snow. I walk through my woods at least 2 times a day and have never seen anything like this before at all. Any advice of help would be much appreciated thank you

Old 02-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Unidentified Tracks

what do the dots represent?? did the look like mammal tracks or bird tracks?? turkeys would looke like that...but they have a middle toe your pic is missing..assuming that the dots are toes? how big were the individual tracks?? sure it couldnt been a bunny or a squirrel?? they make tracks with dots like that..i dont know what else it could be...try to give us more info...
Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

that would be a rabbit
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM

theyre about a foot long i could see where everyone would think they would be rabbit but even at a foot an a half which a bunny can easily do... it the top two were his hind feet and the bottoms where his front one foot would have to be way in front of the other he wasn't running theyre all the exact same size which is awkward for front and hind feet
Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

that would be a rabbit
Ditto!!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Looks like my tracks come'n in at about 3:00 AM during the 80's

[/align]
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Those are deffinatly rabbit tracks. No doubt about it.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Take a look here

http://www.backyardnature.net/101/mamkey01.htm
Old 02-16-2007, 01:54 PM

yeah I agree. Rabbit. Saw some yesterday while riding around on the 4 wheeler. Boss and I were spreading corn and I had to ask him.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rabbit

Quick Reply: Unidentified Tracks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.