Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Anyone use their actual mouth? >

Anyone use their actual mouth?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone use their actual mouth?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Default RE: Anyone use their actual mouth?

My brother in law does a good job, and I can do a real good owl hoot but that is about the limits of my unassited calling.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I have located them with the Hoot Owl Sounds without the call. In an Owl tone cupping your hands, it sounds like " Who Cooks For You, Who Cooks For You Alllllllllllll". The more you practice and don't get funny looks from your family members, the better you will get!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 PM

my friend in mayfield only calls by mouth and i swear he sounds better than any call ive ever heard. he can even gobble or make any other turkey sound. its crazy cuz i thought i got good with my slate till i heard him start cluckin and yelpin with no call around. I swear i think he would win a contest for that, if thereis such a thing.

i personally tsuck at it, but while bowhunting this year, higgy15jh clucked and putted a hen in for me. we sittin on top of a oil well tank, and he called in two that way.. no shot cuz of pine trees tho[:@].
Old 02-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do, but usually not during season, lol.....but i have......i do use my own voice for owl calling all of the time, but talking to them turkeys, well, i just dont want to risk scaring one away...
Old 02-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do turkey and owl calling with my natural voice as well.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 PM

I must admit, I brag about being a sexy hen with just my voice. But I've yet to use it in the field. Maybe this year...
Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've called Toms in while working and other activities using natural calling however when in the woods with a gun, there's always a reed call in my mouth.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I have located them with the Hoot Owl Sounds without the call. In an Owl tone cupping your hands, it sounds like " Who Cooks For You, Who Cooks For You Alllllllllllll". The more you practice and don't get funny looks from your family members, the better you will get!
I do the same thing. I think my natural voice sounds way better than the owl calls you can buy. As far as turkey calling, I think I sound pretty good, but only killing 3 turkey I'm not yet willing to risk my chances.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

My son is a lot better than I am with turkeys. He can yelp and cut fairly well. I use my natural voice to owl hoot and call ducks.

Mouthcaller
Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 AM

All I ever use is my mouth and a box call. Works well for me. I enjoy it, makes it kinda fun to see what you can do. I'm not very good with a diaphram call though.

Quick Reply: Anyone use their actual mouth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.