Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli Nova

Old 02-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Benelli Nova

I can get a pretty good deal on a new Benelli Nova 3 1/2 inch pump with a 24 inch barrel.Just wondering if anyone else in this forum has one& how they like it or hate it. And if your using the choke that came with the gun or a different choke. I am pretty sure this one only comes with imp.c mod. & full. Any input would be appciated before I decide to buy it.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Benelli Nova

My buddy was looking at one, but we both bought Remington 870 Express Super Mags 3 & 1/2 " with super full chokes..
He was torn between the 2, but the Benelli's receiver was very loose & loud. It just felt really "plasticy" to him. I'm sure it was a great shooting gun, but It just seemed a little low end. The Remeington was only $40 more.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Nova. Not sure about that 24 in. barrel.
I use a Carlson ported tube with it. I really like it.You do have to pay attention to the receiver but it also can be tightened up.
I guess you could consider it "plasticy", but it's light and easy to tote around all day in the woods. Hasn't let me down yet in four years.
If you do get it leave the 3& 1/2 shells in the store the only difference I found with them threw that gun was shoulder pain.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Nova's are great guns if you can get over how ugly they are. From a functional standpoint they are a fanstistic shotgun for the money.

Paul
Old 02-17-2007, 09:14 AM

hey stertch56, i won a nova pump at a nwtf banq. a few years back, i have killed alot of longbeards with it. first i kicks like a mule so i bought a sim recoil slip-on pad and that was the best 25.00 i spent, well worth it. i use a red dot scope, 3 and half #4 heavy shot with a briley heavy shot choke tube. i have sighted this gun in for turkey and use it only for turkey hunting. last year i killed 3 longbeards 58 62 and 64 yrds. i was in my doublebull blind and useing my range finder. i don't like takeing shots that far, but i was out of state on these hunts and it was at the end of the week for my trip. point being this combo works very well... hope this helps!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a nova last year for my birthday. I like it, I also like how it was lighter than the other shotguns that I was looking at. I bought it for turkey hunting but because of surgery I couldn't hunt. So if you find a choke and shells that pattern well, I would like to know about them
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM

i have had a nova for a couple of years now...i love it....in regard to the "plasticy" feeling....it does a little bit but don't be fooled by that, the gun has power....i live up in minnesota and use it primarily for waterfowl...and it can knock down a goose at 40 yrds pretty easily
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have a nova and i use the stock full choke and i havent missed a turkey in four years with it. You dont notice the recoil when your dropping the hammer on a longbeard!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM

got one the first year they came out ,undertaker choke and win supremes 3 and halfs,4 shot with a scope and 24 in barrel,,,love it,, but the turkeys hate it..
Old 02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use a kicks gobblin thunder with remington nitro 31/2 i think 5's
and federal tight wads i think there called too -

Quick Reply: Benelli Nova

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.