Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Semi or Pump??

Old 02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Semi or Pump??

I have a pumper, less weight to tote in and out, and deadly within my comfortable range with it. It has rifle style Hi-Viz fiber optic sights, and an Undertaker choke, how much more could I need?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I like a pump for one reason... SAFETY!!!!! After I shoot a Gobbler and I get a little excited and for get to put on my safety... My gun is still safe because there is no live shell in the gun...

I ran up on a Gobbler with my 11-87 once and forgot to put on the safety. I was a little scared when I relized what happened[]
Same here!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I like my old bolt action 12ga.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

I use a pump considering semi-automatics and automatics are illegal in PA.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like a pump for one reason... SAFETY!!!!! After I shoot a Gobbler and I get a little excited and for get to put on my safety... My gun is still safe because there is no live shell in the gun...

I ran up on a Gobbler with my 11-87 once and forgot to put on the safety. I was a little scared when I relized what happened[]
Tell me, what does a semi-auto VS a pump have to do withsafety?
If you "forget" to put on the gun's safety, it doesn't matter what gun you have???? Also safe gun handling pertains to every gun, not just pumps?
[:-]
Old 02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

If you "forget" to put on the gun's safety, it doesn't matter what gun you have???? Also safe gun handling pertains to every gun, not just pumps?
[:-]
C'mon Maytom, think about it?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Bowhunter46,

Better take another look at the regs there in PA.

You cannot use semi-automatic (and certainly not full-auto!)rifles or pistols forbut you are able to use a semi-auto shotguns last time I checked.

You do read the regs don't you?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunter46

I use a pump considering semi-automatics and automatics are illegal in PA.
Pennsylvania Deer
SearchPennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency HomePrintable VersioneMail

Arms and Ammunition
General Statewide Seasons:(1) Manually operated center-fire rifles, handguns and shotguns with all-lead bullet or ball, or a bullet designed to expand on impact;
Unlawful Sporting Arms: Automatic and semi-automatic rifles and handguns; and air or gas-operated rifles and handguns.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better go back and read the first post!! He stated what do you "like better", a pump or a semi-auto!!
I live and hunt in NY, so what doI care what the regs are in PA?

Old 02-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

Better go back and read the first post!! He stated what do you "like better", a pump or a semi-auto!!
I live and hunt in NY, so what doI care what the regs are in PA?

If you "forget" to put on the gun's safety, it doesn't matter what gun you have???? Also safe gun handling pertains to every gun, not just pumps?[:-]

This isWhat I was referring to!Does your Pump chamber a round in the chamber after you fire? Do you need to put the safety on or do you consider the other two in the tube unsafe?

I can see putting the safety on when firing a Semi, but not a pump, unless you chamber another!

Quick Reply: Semi or Pump??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.