Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I just had to post

Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I just had to post

Talk about easy turkeys!!!!!!!

Was watching Backland experiences hunting show and they were hunting in Texas (I know you know were this isgoing) They were making me sick. Several times on the show multible gobblers were coming in. They would shot one bird with there single shot T/C reload and then shoot the other bird... In 3 days everybody killed there limit... COME ON this is not turkey hunting...

Places like this pretty much take the challenge out of killing a slam...

This is the main reason I say "If you want a real turkey hunt, hunt big woods public land"
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Default RE: I just had to post

I saw that show and it did look fairly easy.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Some of it is gettin to be like WWF.....lolAll for entertainment.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many places in Texas where just about any hunter, good or bad, can limit out. As for the slams, I don't take too much stock in them. Anyone who has a lot of money and time can complete a slam.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean...but there is a lot of Private land many places that have hundreds of turkeys. Like I've said before, most farmers want as many dead as possible because the damage the large numbers cause. What do you do?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted public land all my life... And every turkey I kill is special to me... I'm sure if I hunted a farm that was over run with unpressured gobblers that I wouldn't feel the same about turkey hunting... So in a way I'm glad I cut my teeth on public land...

I see your from Iowa... A lot of turkey hunting video's get made in your back yard

zubba "it is what it is" So wack and stack dude

Old 02-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is only my second year but the unpressured bird in Illinois and Wisconsin last year did not co-operate! Oh well I'll get one this year!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. I'd rather do this where it boils down to me and the turkeys. I like the thought of the challenge, otherwise why bother (other than for the fact that I'm a turkey eatin' fool)?

Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

In 02 I drove the 1900 miles from Pa. to Tx. at the chance for a
WMA no-show hunt. I was lucky to get drawn and hunt. My first set up I had 9 longeards come in. I shot one and the other one just kind of hung out. It is all about the right place at the right time. Unless you are hunting here in PA.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Mostly where I have hunted turkeys is on WMA's 55,000, 65,000 acres and up to 300,000 acres. For many years I hunted a private cattle ranch with 6,000 acres that belongs to a good friend.

Quick Reply: I just had to post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.