Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

spot and stalk

Old 01-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Default spot and stalk

I'm going to be attempting to do a spot and stalk this spring in nebraska with my bow, does anyone have any tips for me?
Old 01-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: spot and stalk

Maks daddy

First I have to ask how much turkey hunting experience you have. Is this your first time to hunt them? Have you been successful with a gun and are looking for another challenge? I'll be happy to offer some help once I know your base level as far as turkey experience goes.

mouthcaller
Old 01-28-2007, 04:29 PM

Do you mean that you are going to try to get within bow range by only stalking???? If you suceed in harvesting one that way with bow or shotgun my hats off to you!!
Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck! You're certainly going to have a challange.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck!
If I were you, I would first employ all over tactics, I use spot and stalk when I am turkey hunting in the rain, and the birds are in the fields, this is very tough!
Like we have said, Good Luck!
Old 01-28-2007, 07:30 PM

I with everyone else on this one good luck. I with Icall2much I'll try in the rain or on high wind days. Just be ready, I've failed more then I've won at that game.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stalking turkeys is illegal here. Its a safety thing. Someone might be set up on a bird and shoot you if you are in the line of fire and out of sight, or vise-versa. Calling turkeys is the only legal method of taking them.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM

to help everyone out i have been hunting turkeys for over ten years. I started with a box call and my 870 express. about five years ago i traded the gun in for a bow (matthews switchback) and guilletine broadheads and the box call for slate, mouth and recently i have been able to call them in with no call whatsoever.i hunt an area filled with hills and ravines. it seems that they never want to cross the water to reach me, so i'm going to go to them. I was inspired by what tred barta when he tried it, he was unsucessful
Old 01-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

never be inspired by tred barta....ever
Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I think the best thing to try is trial and error. Opinions are only limited by the number of folks that reply. I say it is a very successful way to hunt if you have the proper terrain.

Quick Reply: spot and stalk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.