Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

little more help

Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM

Default little more help

i have never hunted turkey with my bow, so i was wondering if there is any tips about anything that i need to know. i bought a Jakes blind and have one jake dec and one hen dec.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Default RE: little more help

sorry I have not tried a bow yet only my shotgun. But if I was to try a bow I would start with finding a good roosting area that the birds frequent a lot. I would set up my ameristep with the deeks about 15 yards out, looking away from my blind. I would try to get them to land on me off the roost or catch them on there way to the roost. As for the rest I would call just like with my gun but running and gunning would prove to be tough in my opinion with a bow so just sit sit sit. Just my 2 cents, good luck
Old 01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

I would find an area where longbeards like to strut get there early, set up some dekes close to your blind.Soft call every 20min. and sit and wait.Make sure you get em in close.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like your already to go! I would put the decoys about 5-8 yards from the blind. Thats what I found to be my best setup. Also if you can hunt all day stay out all day. I killed birds with the bow at all different times. I personally like to hunt strut zones and open fields where I know the birds like hang. hope this helps Good luck and be safe
Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 AM

thanks for the tips

Old 01-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Blind for sure!
Maybe lower your lbs. on your bow.
Know your target.
Get there early, and set up!!
Good luck! TAKE PICTURES!