Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Digital Turkey Scale

Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Digital Turkey Scale

Thats pretty cool that it can score your bird http://turkey-shoppe.nwtf.org/product703.html
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Digital Turkey Scale

I bought a 50 lb digital fish scaleby Berkley a few years ago. Love the way it works. That's the way I weigh my bird each spring.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

The Oklahoma Wildlife Department is high-tech...they use those spring-type, accurate to +/- 4 lbs fish scales at their check stations.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Oklahoma Wildlife Department is high-tech...they use those spring-type, accurate to +/- 4 lbs fish scales at their check stations.
The place I register mine in Wisconsin isn't much different. Hell the bird already weighs 2lbs before you put it on the scale.

Then again, in Iowa you don't even have to register them at a check station, just call it in.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

I bought a 50 lb digital fish scaleby Berkley a few years ago. Love the way it works. That's the way I weigh my bird each spring.
Thats exactly what I use.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just in case any want to know what the actual "turkey guts" weigh, I went through this very curious question years ago. Took my bird to a place (bait shop) that had a "certified" scale, and had my bird weighed, then went out back and field dressed it, then went right back into the bait shop to have it re-weighed again. Guess what........."TWO pounds" less!!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Spike

Same here, works great!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the digital scale a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be pretty accurate. I weighed my cat the other night, alive of course. It was pretty much right on. Can't wait to use it on the two longbeards I saw Saturday, I hope.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

I use the "turkey suv". It has many helpful gadgets for the turkey hunter!
Sounds like a digital might not be too bad! Lets get some weight on those scales this spring fellas!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:45 PM

quote:

yep pretty accurate too.

Quick Reply: Digital Turkey Scale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.