Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys and ATVs

Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Turkeys and ATVs

So here is the question -- do you think turkeys are effected on the roost before dawn if they hear an ATV in the area.I say no if you stay a reasonable distance away and it is off before daylight.My friend says no way you have to walk all the way even if it miles otherwise you will spook them and they may not fly down or take off in the opposite direction.I say it is just another noise to them and soon gone from whatever memory they have.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Turkeys and ATVs

not at all. past spring we parked the fourwheeler hidden within 300-500 yards of every morning kill. just another noise with no reason to alarm them. IMO atleast.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Default RE: Turkeys and ATVs

yea i need to repost rr is right. i failed to mention the farm we hunted was near a highway and had many roads nearby. the sound of an engine is commonplace there. general rule, if you sit there in the morning and dont here engines, yur atv will sound outta place. if you hear cars passing by on nearby roads it wont hurt to use the atv within reasonable distance.