Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 got to get a piece of this... >

got to get a piece of this...

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

got to get a piece of this...

Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM

Default got to get a piece of this...

I've seen turkeys and heard turkeys at my hunting grounds but never gave a real effort to get one. While on stand today I heard multiple turkeys rather close to me and it got me pumped up. I think I'll try to get me one around March 15

There is a problem, though. I want advice but don't even know what to ask hehe. I've got a Remington 870 Express Magnum in 12g so I assume I've got a good gun. I am totally in the dark with calling and their behavior, though. Time to start reading old topics
Old 12-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: got to get a piece of this...

May I suggest that you should start reading everything and anything about hunting wild turkeys , maybe watch some video's , DVD's or check out ( www.nwtf.com ) National Wild Turkey Fedreration web site.
They have a link in there home page about turkey calling and what they sound like so make sure your speakers are on.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: got to get a piece of this...

I agree with RDHUNTER. Learn as much as you can. Start with pattering your gun. You may need a turkey choke for your gun. Then start listening to instructional videos on calling.