Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Coolest find...

Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coolest find...

Thought this would be a fun post....

What is the coolest thing you have ever found in the turkey woods??
Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Collest find...

turkeys
Old 08-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

other than finding lost calls and stikers that ihave lost prior, i would have to say a bloodhound.....lol....it was right after i lost my hound Branddee, i was so sad...then this monster came right up to me, thought he was going to bite me, he laid down next to me for awhile and took off, i often wonder about him....he has a real bad eye infection...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found a really nice Swiss army knife one spring and the remains to a nice public land 6pt... The skull found a home in my hunting cabin
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

My coolest find was while I was hunting turkeys in Mississippi. I found an arrowhead. May not seem like much to some but for me being in another state hunting and to find that made my trip whether I shot anything or not...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found my share of other hunters turkey gear but one thing I look forward too every year is finding bird nests during that time of year.From Quail,doves,turkeys,and so on I get kick out of watching em grow.One year I remember as I walked in to where I was hunting I had to take a trail that was on the edge of a small pond and I came across a wooduck nest that was in a small hollow tree.She'd leave every time I passed by but on about the 6th trip them little doods was hatched and out of the nest on the water.They'd take to the tules and hide everytime they'd see me!!To me it was pretty cool!!!Good time of year.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need to scan the pic, but I found a tree that had been knawed by beavers in the strangest way, I call it the beaver ball. The little buggers had chewed almost all the way thru in two places, one spot about 1.5' above the other, and the wood in between was debarked and almost totally round, it looked like a wooden basketball. I'll pull the pic from my album tonight and try to take into work tomorrow to scan it, its really bizarre, almost looks like one beaver was standing on the others back and they were both chewing away.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 PM

Shed antlers, skulls, feathers, fox den, coyote den, bird nests etc... Lots of cool stuff that may not mean alot to others.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt a lot of private property in WI and MI where the landowner has (quite graciously)given me a standing invite to come back when I want but many of them are very clear on one thing DON"T PICK ANY OF MY MUSHROOMS. We'll I've got this knack forthe following - I don't know how many times I'm blowing through the woods when I get a bird to answer, pick out a tree, plop down, make a call, get the gun up, and while I'm waiting I notice that there are mushrooms ALL AROUND ME!! It makes me chuckle each time, I mean I'm just trained to not even look down for them, I don't care, but I'll pick a spot right where they are, and its not like I only set up under dead elms LOL. I mean sometimes, I've picked up my seat to move and noticed that I sat on one!

Other than that, coolest thing - gotta agree with the first poster - Turkeys of Course!

Hoot
Old 08-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of cool finds guys....

That is what is so cool about the woods and fields we hunt.....stories and history everywhere....really, every rock, tree, fallen tree, bend in the creek...everything...that to me is so neat....

I love finding sheds,bones, indian beads, arrowheads, odd shaped sticks, and everyones favorite...those odd colored berries and mushrooms

Good Luck to all of you and your finds!!!

Quick Reply: Coolest find...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.