Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

what to do?

Old 11-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what to do?

today my friend says he missed one...i would ahve sat down there and tried to assemble the turkeys on my like you do when you break the flock..they had to break on the gunshot...would they ran forver or came back to me thinking i was the boss hen?...maybe go 100yards in the direction they went and call? just if they dont come wait around for a while because they might be spooked and take a while to come?

thanx..just wondering what to do in that situation..

Old 11-06-2002, 09:39 PM

Default RE: what to do?

Mauser, If they did bust pretty good I would sit down where you busted them and wait and listen for the birds to start calling. It should take alittle while before they calmed down but I would probably use the kee-kee's on a mouth call to get some of the older hens to come look for the younger bird. If you don't hear any calling in 30 minutes or so I would start calling at that point and hopefully the birds were not too far away so they can hear your calling. At that point I would throw some lost yelps and kee-kee's mixed in to get the attention to any bird that would listen. Don't know if that is the right thing to do but that is what I would do in that situation.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what to do?

Mauser,Turkey very seldom go more than a couple hundred yards when spooked.Set up and call,It may take awhile and I should mentionif a flock has been scattered before it will take even longer but they will try to get back together eventually.Forget about tryin to sound like the boss hen.they know her voice and is almost imposable to duplicate her.try to sound like one of the younger birds.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]