Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Iowa turkey farm

Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iowa turkey farm

Was watching Getin Close with Lee and Tiffiny today and they were hunting in Iowa...

I was pretty much sick... They had 5 nice long beards and 15-20 hens come in to there set up... The hunter was a guy who never killed a turkey before and he had a hell of a time picking which turkey he wanted to kill... then the next guy was a member of Kenny Chesney's ban and he never kill a turkey before... So what's he want to do??? He wants to kill his first ever turkey with a bow and NO BLIND... Next day in the same spot that the other newbe killed his first gobbler they set up... I knew from what I seen that this Un seasoned turkey hunter was going to kill... Well needless to say he kills a nice mature weiry turkeyWell the next day ol Tiffiny decides that if a but nugget can do it I can do it... So she kills one with a bow and NO BLIND... Well to top it off her old man decides he's going to kill one with a bow also... He decides to use a blind... I don't know why he bothered with the blindAnyhow he kills a awsome bird 1.5" spurs... Four days and four gobblers and three of the four were with bows...

I know that there are a lot of hunters that hunt ground like this and that's fine... But when you kill tons of birds and brag about it likeyou'v edone something I've gota laugh

Anyhow I've gota get ready to out smart some pressure public land whitetails
Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Iowa turkey farm

Lee, figured he would need that blind after all he was hunting pressured and educated birds from the previous 3 days.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ken, those "public land whitetails" aren't no pushover either!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

That doesnt surprise me about their tv show. I myself dont care much for their show. Im sorry but I guess the shows Ive seen of theirs turns my stomach. I mean lets face it shes pretty. But come on showing her putting make up on before hunting (previous show). She is a good hunter as well. I dont watch them at all. I guess many hunters watch it just to see her. I want to see real fair chase hunts. Anyway just my 2 cents on them...
Old 08-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Different strokes for different folks!! Ken people pay big bucks to hunt on ranch's that are managed this way,thats why they"ranchs' have birds like this.I've hunted such places and way back yonder when turkey huntin wasn't so popular hunted alot of unpressured birds.To anybody that has tangled with hard hunted birds and have been successful,shows like this speak very to the truth when it comes to huntin pressured birds!And I agree for those that hunt nothin but birds that get very little pressure and leave you with the feeling that they aregods gift to the turkey huntin world I just laugh!!BUT with that said I do support thosethat stand behind the right to keep and bear arms and support our hunting priviledges!If someone wants to pay big bucks to garruntee havinga gobbler in front ofthemthan so be it,we have such places across the U.S.that can offer such opportunties.To you and me it may not neccassarily be turkey huntin but for somefolks it may be some of the most enjoyable time of there lives!!Like I said different strokes for different folks!!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 PM

Hey I like thier show! Tiffany is the best scenery on TV! OK the makeup in the morning was a little bit to much. However I think she really can hunt, maybee more so than her husband. The turkey hunt was a joke to any real turkey hunter anywhere. If you don't understand then you aint been there.Just goes to show once again where the whole hunt business is going. Money Money Money. How many shows do you watch where they aren't shootin biguns with ease. What do these people do for a living? Celebrities, company execs, sports stars, industry insiders, who else? Not the common working man. Who else can afford it? Just watched a show tonight a guy going on about the great times he has with his Dad in deer camp. Finally he says hey Cuz I've never hunted in a deer stand before! What is all this safety harness stuff. WOW! OK . Next morning. Well he says says been here 3 or 4 hours and I haven't seen much of anything. (Talk about wasting your time) Finally this big buck shows up (late for meeting) shoot, kill em, buck of a lifetime, what a great buck this is, OK when do we eat? Piece of cake. So says the exec of the #*&$(@ outdoor productscompany. SWEET. Tiff ain't that bad. I would rather watch her than that desk ridden pansy.