Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkey Magazine Collection >

Turkey Magazine Collection

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Magazine Collection

Old 08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey Magazine Collection

Slow time of year...doing some house cleaning... I hope this thread is not violating some ruleby posting it in this forum...

I would like an opinion of what you might think a collection of turkey hunting magazines might be worth. I have thought of donating them to the local NWTF Chapter for auction, butI think that the locals might have just minimal interest...I have infrequently checked ebay and not seen any turkey magazine collection like this on there - could have been, I just don't get on there too often...I would hope that they are worth more than just the subscription costs, but do not know.

Way back before "Turkey and Turkey Hunting" magazine got its start witha Spring 1991 Issue, it was preceded by "Turkey Hunter"(first issue with this title was Oct/Nov 1987) and "Turkey" magazine (first issue was March 1984). I have all thesepremier issues, but not every issue. I have 30 issues of "Turkey" magazine, 38 issues of "Turkey Hunter", and 16 early issues of "Turkey and Turkey Hunting", all inreasonably good condition (but I did read them all forwards and backwards). There is a wealth of knowledge on turkey hunting from back then (a turkey is a turkey is a turkey), and it makes for interesting reading - articles coverthe timewhen turkey hunting was just starting totake off.

Anyway, any advice, insight, suggestions would be appreciated.

-fsh
Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turkey Magazine Collection

No matter what the collection is about from magazines to die cast cars it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay for.
If you want to get rid of them , you could donate them to your local libarey.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It must take some guts to give up a collection like that. I have kept most of mine as well and I have some of the Turkey hunter Mags as well. I never got them before that because I'm not all that Old Just kiddin ya

That would be a real neet collection , I love looking back at the stuff that was the hot items that now are set a side on the wall for collection stuff...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Wish I could help ya out with what they would be worth. I myself use to read turkey and turkey hunting all the time back in the day...
Old 08-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

PM sent
Old 08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

You may e-mail Jim Casada. I seem to recall an article in the past year or so where the editor of T&TH magazine was looking for one of the earliest editions, before the name change I think, copy for the magazine's collection. Even they don't some of the oldest copies.
Maybe they would be interested.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Tail Feathers - thanks to google, it was not too hard to track down an email address - done. Thanks, fsh
Old 03-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

To all of you that expressed an interest in these mags in my thread last year, I just wanted to pass on that I will post an ebaylink to them in the HNI classifieds (collectibles)Friday.

-fsh
Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Sent a big stack of mine to the troops in Iraq.
If you don't get any bids, they surely do appreciate it.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

Mailman
- I won't send the collectibles, but I do have a lot ofNAW, Bowhunter, and other deer hunting mags laying around. What is the procedure to send these to the troops in Iraq? Do you have an address, website, ?

Thanks, fsh
------------------

BTW, links to the turk mags are now posted in the HNI Classified (Collectibles)