Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Another bird that went gobble ,gobble >

Another bird that went gobble ,gobble

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Another bird that went gobble ,gobble

Old 05-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another bird that went gobble ,gobble

Well another bird spoke too soon and is now in the freezer book's .My buddy TerryM and I had to team up on this boy ,but he couldn't resist running directly into me and my new Mossberg 935.

The story start's like this ,I have severel different hunting spot's and between driving back and forth from 2 of my favourite spot's ,I had noticed these bird's on every occasion in this field ,so one day I decided to go and ask permission to hunt this spot for my good bud TerryM and myself ,permission was granted only because they knew my brother in law ,who just happed to be their Doctor.
Monday morning Terry and I set up on this one particular field and watched 7 hen's feed for about 2 hr's.I said to TerryI bet the toms will come out in the lower field , no more than got the words out of my mouth when we seen three jakes, 6 hens and 1 tom cross the lower grass field heading into a plowed field. We waited patiently but they never came close.
Idecided to do some homework on these bird's soI drove to this location every morning since monday, every morningI seen two toms, several hens,and three jakes in the very same location,either in the grass field or the plowed field.SoI figuredI had their pattern down pat.
TerryM and I decided to give it a go this morning and the birds followedpattern likeI thought they would. Terry called and a tom crossed the field as we thought , the only thing is that he crossed the field out of Terrys range and ran directly into the plowed field whereI justhappened to be.He turned andcame directly to me whenI shot him. SoTerry andI decided to set up again in 2 different locations because the other tom and 3 jakes hadn't appeared yet and we knew it was just a matter of time. Terry suggested that I move 75 yards closer to the plowed field,soI did, but I was on the opposite side.The good thing was thatI had clear view of where the birds cross the road into the field. Afew minutes after setting up, ajake crossed the road into the grass field and walked directly into the plowed feild infront of me.He turned and walked towards Terry but disappeard, shortly afterI watched 2 hens, and3jakes follow the same path as the first Tom and Jake, but unfortunatlyI was unable to shoot becauseI hadalready filled my tag.The jake stood 20 yards infront of me and then wandered through the field away from me.
Shortly after another tom BIGGER than the 1st one stood on the road in full strut then came into the grass field and followed the same path as the others.I was hoping this bird would walk towards Terry but he decided to turn and leave the field,after Terry tried to give him a gobble ,he spooked and evacuated immediately, this bird was also close to shooting range. I watched this bird walk back to the road and strut.
This was an awsome day with some sucess.
This was an awsome day spent with a good buddy .The bird weighed 20.32 lbs and had a 9 1/4 " beard with 3/4 in spur's ,I hope you like the pic's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/nubo1/PICT0181.jpg" />
Old 05-20-2006, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Another bird that went gobble ,gobble

Good job on the turkey. From yrs back.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great job Nubo.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats John , He's a dandy ...BT
Old 05-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats John on the awesome bird.Sounds like you and Terry had a great time.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM

Good job!! Sounds like one heck of a morning.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-23-2006, 03:09 PM

Do you like that 935?? How was the recoil? I put a LimbSaver on mine, and it helps bigtime. Way to go on your bird!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Snowdog!

To tell you the truth the recoil on the 935 is nothing compared to my old Remington Wingmaster .I really do like the mossberg ,i wasn't sure whether I would care much for it ,but it's taken 2 bird's this season so I guess I can't complain.

nubo
Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Right on. Couple of good ole Ontario turkey slayers doin' thier thing!

Quick Reply: Another bird that went gobble ,gobble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.