Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fox gets Poult!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fox gets Poult!

I see both sides of the debate so I'll simply go with legalities as it in the state I hunt. I wouldn't have shot the fox because it would have been illegal for me to do so, however had this fox been a coyote I wouldn't have hesitated pulling the trigger, not because a coyote is any worse of better but because he was legal game.

Would I have wanted to shoot the fox, yes and I prolly would've mounted it as it was, with the poult in it's mouth had it been legal.

I too think your friend did the right thing as you said, legalities.

I like what AE wrote however one thing concerned me. I don't consider myself intruding on the foxes territory while hunting turkeys along side him. Yes I am competition to him but I too have the same instinct, desire and yearn to take a turkey. If the fox had a chance to steal your garbage or pet he would just like we as hunters would take from him. We are all the circle of life and I too am a fellow predator to the fox.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Fox gets Poult!

The foxkillsto survive, we don't. Twenty five years ago I may have killed the fox myself, but now it makes no sense to me. I enjoy seeinga fox as much as seeing a turkey. I love to hunt and will always hunt,but I like seeing all wildlife alive even more.