Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Which mount

Old 05-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which mount

I connected on a three bearded turkey with my bow a week ago. He's got spurs that are 1 3/8"! This is my biggest bird to date, and I got it with my bow, so it just makes it that much more of an accomplishment for me, so I am going to have it mounted. BUT my wife and I are having a problem figureing which mount to do. SO, if you have mounted turkeys in your home, which pose did you get, full strut, flying, standing? I've got a place in the house for any of the above! The taxidermist tells me that a full strut can be a little bit delicate and a bit tougher to maintain as far as cleaning etc. So what to do!!

He's a limb hanger for sure!!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:29 AM

Default RE: Which mount

This is a tough decision. I just went through it my self.. What I did I went to the taxidermist and looked at all the different mounts.. Then I narrowed it down to two.. I really liked the full strut on a pedestal and the kind of ½ strut gobbling on the roost.. I went with the gobbling on the roost..

Good luck and choose the one you want…
Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the flying mount, I think it looks real good on the wall.
Not only that it really displays the beard hanging down & if you have a miltiple bearded bird that kind of mount will really show it off.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

i always liked gobbling on t he roost as well......id go and look at mounts in person if possible......see what YOU like.....
Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

This is the mount i got back this year. Just go w/ your gut!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have my double beard mounted on a limb standing (head and neck outstretched) it displays the beards beautifully. The gobbling pose also accents the beards.

I think choosing the right taxidermist is way more important than the pose.

Check out this website for more poses:

http://www.hazelcreekturkeys.com

Old 05-12-2006, 11:39 AM

Congratulations on a fine bird! I got mine mounted in full strut because he was in full strut when I shot him.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the pics. guys, that's what I need to show the wife what it might look like. If any one else has a pic. of your mount, I'd like to see them too. The more posses I can see and show my wife, the better. I do really like that on the roost gobbling pose!!
I got a local taxidermist that I have used in the past. I just dropped the bird off with him this morning. I told him that I would make a final decision by next week, as to which pose I choose!
I shot this one in strut, but I just don't think we have a place in the house that a full strut turkey will fit well. So, I(we) are leaning toward the flying or the roosted gobbling pose!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

I have my double beard mounted on a limb standing (head and neck outstretched) it displays the beards beautifully. The gobbling pose also accents the beards.

I think choosing the right taxidermist is way more important than the pose.

Check out this website for more poses:

http://www.hazelcreekturkeys.com

Cally is awesome!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:38 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Here is one of mine...

Quick Reply: Which mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.