Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Someone HELP!

Old 04-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Someone HELP!

It's the final day of my dad's season, there was some gobbling this morning but not much. We have been calling all morning and heard some gobbling that wasn't coming in so we moved to try to get a better set-up on him. They were about 300 yards out so we moved as close as we could which was about 200 yards and they were out in the nieghbors field. We used the binoculars and seen that it was not one but there were 2 big toms and a jake. No matter what calls i used I was just getting a gobble in response but they would not come in at all. We came back to call the nieghbors for the OK to hunt his field. But it is now 9:35 a.m and I don't know if getting closer is going to help to get them to come in... What Should I DO!?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone HELP!

If they are slowly moving away from you. Circle around and get in front of them. And be patient. If they are standing still, figure or guess which direction their going to move and get in front of them.

Most important....get off the computer and get out hunting.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go back about 11 or 12 and try. They may be more willing then. If that doesn't work try again around 4:00, that is if you have the time. Your just going to have to be patient. Don't call too much.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

If it was 2 gobblers and a jake by themselves, don't be afraid to bust out a couple of hen decoys with a jake mixed in. The big boys may think a little guy is trying to take some hens from them. If they can see the decoys, that just might lure them in for a shot.