Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Well,, heres how it went. >

Well,, heres how it went.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Well,, heres how it went.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well,, heres how it went.

Got back sunday night from southern Iowa, I was down there hunting Iowa's 2nd season. I have to say, it was the toughest turkey hunting I think I've ever had. They were NOT going to respond to a turkey call no matter what. I was hunting with my wife and then my dad and my uncle were hunting together. The first day me and the wife hunted hard all day and didn't hardly see a bird. Meanwhile, my dad and my uncle came out later in the day, setup and within 40 minutes my uncle had one. They didn't even make acall. Just being in the right place at the right time. The second day we hunted hard again and finally at 10 am, a tom came by our setup. I told my wife to get ready, and after she did, BOOM!! down he went at 25 yards. That was the only bird I had within gun range all weekend but it was definately worth the trip!! Seeing her kill her second turkey was awesome. It's more fun for me to see her shoot one than to shoot myself. By the way, it was a HUGE turkey!! 29lbs, 10 inch beard and one spur was 1 3/8 inches and the other was 1 1/2! The biggest turkey we've ever killed down there at 77.75. Anyways, it was awesome. Here is a pic of my best friend/hunting buddy with her really nicetom...

Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Well,, heres how it went.

wow!!...thats awesome jepcho...congrats to the missus (and to your uncle)...that IS a huge bird...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well,, heres how it went.

Thought you said you don't have much luck ! Boy Lad your not doing bad with that one ....Congrats to the Miss's ....BT