Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hunting clip with some pics >

Hunting clip with some pics

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting clip with some pics

Old 04-09-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Hunting clip with some pics

I created asmall webpage for hunting clips as well as some pics of the turkey I killed in Georgia. If you want to check it out just click on the link below and once you get to the page, click on either hunting clips or pictures. I'm going to upload more videos tomorrow. I'm a full time military, student, and dad, so its hard to find personal time. If you have any problems, reply to this thread and I'll see what I can do. Enjoy and GOD bless!

The link:
http://gobble157.250free.com/

Sincerely,
David Ellis
Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting clip with some pics

David, it appears that all the pix are the same.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That video was awesome , you can cut really well on a mouthcall too.... How did it end ? i saw the hens fly down to the gobblers towards the end, and was wondering if they henned up and stayed on the edge of the field , or if you got a shot at one of them! both were nice lookin birds!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:16 PM

Hawgnman,
You're going to need K-Lite Codec Pack. At my home, my laptop wouldn't transfer correct video image because window's media player had a corrupted file attached. So the K-Lite Codec decoder fixed the overall problem. If you want to check it out just run a decoder or erase your current windows media player and download a new one. The newest windows media player have decoder problems, so this is why you're only seeing bright colors as a picture.

The link to the site that I used is listed below. I just erased my current windows media player and use this program for all media played over the internet.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

DoubleLung55,
The hunt ended with a top 8 georgia turkey. The one I didn't shoot was even BIGGER. Yeah, the hens poured in like rain. I think before the hunt was over we saw a total of 21 hens. After the gobbler's started following all the hens I had to reposition and get in front of them. After a while, I had to get on my hands and knees and crawl torwards the flock. It was tough, but I managed. Almost every 10 yards I had to putt with the hens because they didn't know what I was, but my putts reassured them that everything was okay. I got within 25 yards from the gobbler I shot. It was one of the toughest hunts I've ever been on. I'm going to download more video footage tonight. I'm going toupload a tomin the tree gobbling and struttin. It was some awesome footage! I'm going to also upload some hens being bred and some upclose and personal hens. Glad you enjoyed the footage. I'm going to update all video footage everytime I get done with hunts. Season is coming in short, so there should be alot of footage by the end of may.

If you have any other questions let me know. I'm going to do a little practice session on certain calls that turkeys make. I'll vividly show how to make all calls using a diaphragm, slate, crystal, glass, and box call. I'm going to do this using my video camera, so you'll see exactly how I'm doing it.

Take care and GOD bless!
David Ellis
Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 PM

I added some other footage from that day. There are two other clips on the site. One is of a gobbler that is gobbling off of roost and the other is of two gobblers and some hens, which one of the gobblers is falsely breeding. Pretty cool stuff!

David Ellis
Old 04-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Video one:
This clip shows a gobbler strutting and gobbling off of a limb. If you've never seen this you should check this out.
http://gobble157.250free.com/HuntingClips/RoostinGobbler.wmv

Video two:
this clip shows two gobblers struttin' their stuff with many hens in the area. In the beginning some hens walk right on top of us and then torwards the end of the clip you'll seeone of the gobblers breeding the ground. It's some pretty cool footage.
http://gobble157.250free.com/HuntingClips/hensandgobbler.wmv
Old 04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
TDE
Spike

Cool. I'm jealous. I'm used to seeing their backside as they run away!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:05 AM

I'm going to Kentucky this weekend, so hopefully I'm going to have some more footage on my webpage. Hope everyone has a safe and blessed week!

David Ellis
Old 04-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for sharing, and good luck!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Thanks DougMD and the same to you!

David Ellis

Quick Reply: Hunting clip with some pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.