Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 I patterned my bow today......... >

I patterned my bow today.........

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I patterned my bow today.........

Old 03-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default I patterned my bow today.........

I was at Cabela's yesterday and while there I decided to buy some turkey targets for patterning shotshells. Well today I had a revelation, I finally zeroed in my bow with one of these. I shot from a sitting position at 25 yards. I am not the best shot and know that this pattern could be tightened up a bit but I still have 2 weeks to practice.

PS, never mind the other holes, they were already in the paper.......no really I was messing with the windage some.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I patterned my bow today.........

UUUHHHHHHH OOOHHHHH I have converted AA to the TURKEY BOW...
Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 PM

Uhhhh........(GULP) Yeah, looks like the Hammerhead's gonna.......well......do the job let's say! Nice shooting!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck with that head shot at 25 yards on a live bird... good group but you might want to shoot some into the body of that target..... I sent for my first ever offered 2nd spring tag in PA so I'm going to off one with a shotgun then concentrate on one with the new bow....We're trying to get the footage for River Valley Game Calls Head Hunters vol. III.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:58 AM

While I like your pattern...you should make that target pop and weave like a real birdy.
Maybe placing it on bouncing basketball would be good?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 AM

What is your cutting diameter on your broadheads? On a live bird, its tricky even at 25 yards with ideal conditions to take a bird with a head shot. I personally for for boddy shots, rush in on them after hitting the vitals, and put my knee on them to hold the bird down. I wanted to try the gobbler guillotine this year, but 40 bucks is something I do not have the luxury to have to spend on one broadhead with replacement blades. Let me know on the head shot if you go for it. For me here, its so windy and unpredictable during turkey season that the body shot preference is ideal for me. Good luck, and by the way, that looks like one dead turk!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

nice shootin'...pat yourself on the back!!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

I did this as a "tounge and cheek" thing to all the folks that post there shotgun patterns. I to would prefer the body shot but given the right circumstances I will take a neck shot.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty good shooting.... I use to have groups like that 10 years ago

Now I only shot one arrow at a time with broadheads
Old 03-24-2006, 07:38 PM

Like they've said, looks good on paper. 25 yards seems a bit much to try and kill a bird who usually don't quit walking much! I took head shoots for 3/4 years zero kills! But saw and heard some beautiful sites, spittin' & drummin' the blackest of eyes in a gobbler @ 4 yards! I keep all my shots under 15 if possible & just above the leg. A bird can't fly if it can't jump, can't run w/broken legs. If I shoot low,clean miss & high should go into the wing joint!
They don't stand still broadside out there waiting for you to shoot! Shoot emat the base of the tail from behind in full stut ifyou need to...

Quick Reply: I patterned my bow today.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.