Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Morels!!!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Morels!!!!!

Does anyone look for/find morels while turkey hunting? Turkey cutlets smothered with a morel gravy Mmmmmm.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Morels!!!!!

I look for morels, and this will be my first turkey season in wa. state so i guess i might as well look for morels while turkey hunting. thanks for the idea...

Old 03-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

The local yokels snatch them up as fast as they pop up , so I said screw it and bought a kit to grow them . The kit will make a small 4'x2' patch , and if it does well I'll enlarge it later . You can find this kit for $30+shipping , along with several other types at lower prices , at: Morel kit[8D]
Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've Hunted morels here in the chicago area for years now and I do find plenty! If your state has hunting until 1 pm then you can hunt morels or fish in the afternoon( I'm really bad at napping!)
Old 03-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

For sure. Turkey cutlets w/a wine-morel sauce, wild rice, fresh asparagus from the garden, & a bottle of champagne - no need to say more... [8D]

-fsh
Old 03-21-2006, 03:50 PM

great way to leave yur spring woods huh?...with a bag of morels and a turkey over your shoulders....here in new york i also dig up some wild leakes (onions)...makes a very good soup as an apetizer for that turkey and morel gravy...lol
Old 03-21-2006, 04:56 PM

Whew!! I saw the title of the thread and thought...."No way you're finding them already!!"

Oh yeah. We can only hunt till 1:00 here in MO, so I spend the first half of the day hunting turkey and the second half hunting morels.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Does anyone look for/find morels while turkey hunting? Turkey cutlets smothered with a morel gravy Mmmmmm.

Are you crazy??? I hunt for morels even when I am not hunting Turks...I have made a new recipe from scratch this year, and all I have to say is yummy.... Stuft morels with bell pepper, spices, herbs, Talapia fish or shellfish, and served with a reduced white wine sauce. Oh ya, defiantely the dish to impress.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I look forward to mushroom hunting as much as anything else. Battered and pan-fried with turkey breasts.My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah. I like the taste of the morels better than the turkey!

Quick Reply: Morels!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.