Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 5!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Team 5!!!

Hey everyone, I'm getting restless waiting for my late April opener in RI, and early May opener in CT... Where is evereyone hunting and how long until your seasons start... better yet, any birds on the ground yet? I think I was on Team 5 last year with one or two of you guys. We came in 2nd, lets kick some tailfeathers this year!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5!!!

Im in PA so i get to start late april....some guys say they have seen them puffed up recently in this warmer spell we had but i dunno i havent seen it yet, hope to score on one this yr , there is a smart tom on our farm that has gotten by us the last couple yrs....
Old 03-18-2006, 07:29 AM

I'm from Michigan, my season starts May 8 and goes to the 31st. They are strutting around here already.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:44 AM

PA and WV. i usually whack a big one every year so hopefully i can continue my streak.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:00 AM

hi guys iam from ma. my season begains apr.24-may 20
Old 03-18-2006, 08:59 PM

Hey fellas. I'm from SE Minnesota and my season runs Aprill 22-26. Cant wait!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Hey y'all... I'm from Washington.. HopefullyI can bag at least one Merriam, Rio, or Eastern for the team...
Old 03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to hafta flip through pages to get to the posts im interested in, so I'm bringing this one back up to the top. Where's the rest of the team at? Also, any suggestions for a team name? We should probably think of something soon and maybe get a banner or avitar made, whatever's allowable this year.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

got one for team 5, this was my 3rd day hunting him....
Old 03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I'll be hunting them here in PA. I may wind up doing some guiding again this year, but I'll be sure to takeone formyself. I'll be out with the spotting scope over the coming month -with any luck I can find a good scoring bird to key in on.

Looks like there are a few other PA hunters here,and since we're one of the last to kick the season off, we'll be in good position to add some points late.

Congrats on the bird, huntnma.Those are some beautiful hooks on that guy.1.5"+ spurs arevery rare - you shouldsave those or put them on a placque or mount. I have a really goodeasternmounted at home that has someimpressive hooks - they only come once in a lifetime. Go to NWTF.org and look up theFlorida records - your bird's longest spur (1.5")will put you in the all-time record bookin a tie for about 11th place among typical turkeys, if properly scored by an official NWTF scorer - if it is indeed a true Floridian subspecies. http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php

I've followed some of you guys' past posts, and I know we have some experienced, successful hunters on this team. I'd say going in that we're one of the teams to beat in this contest.

Quick Reply: Team 5!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.