Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Official Team ThunderStrut (10) thread. >

Official Team ThunderStrut (10) thread.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Official Team ThunderStrut (10) thread.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team ThunderStrut (10) thread.

Salt I shoot Beeman ICS Hunter carbon arrow and they shoot as good as anything I have ever fletched! Mo I cant get my pic loaded up on here.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 PM

Dang, son!! You just have all kinds of technical issues....[&:] First I've heard from you today. Thought maybe you left the house twice in one week!

Is the file too large or will it just not load?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

File to big. I had to work today. Then one of the boys wrestled tonight. So thats where I was at all day
Old 03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plus im not all that quick with one of these puters. Mine usually kicks my arse.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:06 PM

Good lookin bow mo. I have wondered what is the hot thing about the acc's. I have heard that they have an aluminum core or something like that. Enlighten me Mo. What site do you have on your bow? Did the drop away make a bit of difference in the accuracy of your setup.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is what kind it is

Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is the beauty i call the phantom of the woods hence the name lol she is gonna go git me a big ol gobbla
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 PM

well, salty my boy......this could takea while, but we'll give it a shot. A/C/C stands for Aluminum Carbon Composite. Aluminum core wrapped in carbon. The tolerances are incredibly tight. They are very straight, the weight is the same, and most importantly the spine is consistent. Add the uni bushing with the X nock and you've got one bad arrow. The nock fits very tight which is the problem with most arrows. A loose nock = inconsistent arrow flight. I was shooting Beman ICS Hunter and Easton Carbon Excel. I switched earlier this year and my groups at 20 yards went from 1 1/2" - 2" down to less than an inch. I have 5 arrows in an X ring all touching each other. Penetration is unbelievable. I shoot COMPLETLY through our wall at the shop and it sticks into the outside wall of the building. They are expensive, but man.......I swear they are the best arrow made.

The sight is the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear. I just got it tonight and I love it already. Check out my review in the review forum.

Yes, the Drop Zone also made an immediate impact on my shooting. Next time I'm at the shop I'll take a photo of one of my groups and you'll get the idea. With the Drop Zone, fletching clearance is a non issue. Besides the fact that there is virtually no drag on the arrow, life is good. I could go on all night about archery, but I fear my fingers may give out on me. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, you will learn, my young Padowan....The force is strong with you.

TeeJay, if you feel the desire, email me the photo and I'll run it through photoshop and send it back to you. If you don't want to...hey, no sweat there either.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Give me your email. Ill send it after work today
Old 03-25-2006, 08:08 AM

well I mine may not be top of the new tech bows but I get in close and get the job done with my trusty bear kodiak recurve Port ord cedar arrows and snuffer 150 grain blades. shooting out of a double bull blind.

Quick Reply: Official Team ThunderStrut (10) thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.