Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 self-supporting no tree vest & seat? >

self-supporting no tree vest & seat?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

self-supporting no tree vest & seat?

Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
TDE
Spike

Default self-supporting no tree vest & seat?

I'm in the market for a hunting vest/seat that supportsa personwithout having to lean against a tree. A few places have the stadium style vest/seatswith the straps going down from the vest to the front sides of the seat. Those are OK but not great as you have to really wedge yourself in to have any real support. I recently lost a catalog that had one with a frame thatstuck out the back so you would actually besupported by the frame. Anyone know what brand/model that is? If not, anyone want to list you favorite catalogs and I can try to track it down?

In case you are curious, I hunt in an area of Southern MN that doesn't have much for big trees. It's mostly poplar. I'm much more concealed sitting up against thick brush than against a tiny tree. Having no support really gets tough on the back at times.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: self-supporting no tree vest & seat?

I own the Highback Turkey Lounger by Bucklick Creek and I absolutely love it. I had just bought the NWTF Mossy Oak $60 dollar vest and after trying the Highback Lounger I put the NWTF vest away and bought it....you can sit on concrete and be comfortable....
Old 03-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Rob, i've seen that seat and wondered how it was....thanks for that info... guess i have another item to lug around into the turkey woods
Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

old longbeards, this isn't a seat to lug around, the Highback Turkey Lounger is a vest with the seat built in. I couldn't find it in Cabelas and I think I got mine out of Red Head a few years back. It has plenty of pockets for all types of calls etc....again, you can plop down on flat ground and lean back like in an easy chair and puts your knees right where they need to be for the shotgun.....
Old 03-15-2006, 06:56 AM
TDE
Spike

Thanks for the input.This isn't the one I was hoping to track down, but I'll take another look at it.

I found references to the one I was looking for. It's a combination turkey vest and hunting pack.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:01 PM
TDE
Spike

Found it, or one like it.

Little Big Horn Gobbler's Lounge Vest.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=4JBC3FVGFNJXHTQSNOECCN4OCJVYWI WE?id=0031720931363a&navCount=0&cmCat=srch dx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF= http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q %3DLittle%2BBig%2BHorn%2BGobbler%2527s%2BLounge%2B %26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&_requestid=40180
Old 03-17-2006, 03:17 PM

I have the little big horn and I love it. I 've had it for three years now I would recommend it to anybody.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:26 AM
TDE
Spike

Spatrat,

Does the frame keep you from being up against a tree if you want to? Can I lay my head back against the tree when it's time for my mid-morning snooze?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:21 AM

The frame will keep you about 11 inchs away from the base of a tree. It's so comfortable that you won't need a tree for a little nap because of it high back support.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Check out the Gobbler Lounge $19.99 from Cabela's. This is a chair with a high back. It folds up and is compact. Once you set up, it is extremely comfortable. Only draw backs I have is it weighs 6lbs and is one more thing to carry, but I sure don't mind once I get where I want to be.

Quick Reply: self-supporting no tree vest & seat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.