HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Want a Wingbone call from your own wings! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/135085-want-wingbone-call-your-own-wings.html)

JW 03-02-2006 08:30 PM

Want a Wingbone call from your own wings!

Interested?

Here is my deal......

Send me a pair of wings and I'll make a call for you. You get the best call back out of the pair of wings - I keep the other.......that's it!

If you don't want your wings.......I'll pay for postage once I have them.....

If you choose a call

I can:
Put your name on it as you want to see it
Date of Kill
NWTF score
Beard length
Spur lengths
Wt of bird
Specie

And ya get some art work too - such as a feather & turkey tracks and of course my monogram....'

This is just a hobby for me and I don't sell them......but will consider bartering or trading....

Here is a Grand Slam of Wingbones

Which are going out in the mail tomorrow!

Back side

close-up of feather drawing

and my monogram & turkey tracks

JW

jghoffman12 03-02-2006 08:51 PM

RE: Want a Wingbone call from your own wings!

i'm interested. how do you want the wings shipped? whole or meat and feathers cleaned off?

JLmoore1956 03-02-2006 09:37 PM

Yes I would be very interested also! Just need to know how to prepare things to send! :)[8D]

JW 03-03-2006 06:23 AM

2 ways to dot it.

Freeze and wrap tightly in plastic & box and I'll take them or if you have wings now the feathers and meat needs to be removed to help me save time.
Only way I can get a call to you before this Spring hunt.

For those who send wings and don't want them - just follow above of freexing.

JW

Barth 03-03-2006 07:31 AM

sweet ill have to get one first

levelgrape 03-03-2006 09:04 AM

I'm there man....I have to score one but my 1st bird is donating a wing to you JW!

Hunter06FlKy 03-03-2006 09:22 AM

i definately want one if i get a turkey this year.

if we send you wings from this years turkey do we need to flesh them out and everything??? or just freeze them???

JW 03-04-2006 06:37 AM

well you can just freeze the wing as is and send in plastic and boxed......takes me a bit more time......or you can flesh them out - don't need to be real good - but that is your fastest turn around.......but once I start hunting the workshop goes down for a few months.....

JW

DHF:KYLEN 03-04-2006 08:05 AM

:D:D:D

Really good looking work there JW.

:):):)

Zdeerslayer 03-04-2006 08:06 AM

Guys idk if this is a stupid question but, how do you use these wingbone calls. Are they stikers for slate calls? Im fairly new to turkey hunting and have head of them but aren't really sure what their all about. And by the way I would be interested, but first I need to get a turkey this spring.:Dthx

jghoffman12 03-04-2006 09:07 AM

they are hollow and you blow through them and you can get some pretty good sounding turkey calls from them. unfortunately, i just threw away 2 nice wings from my fall gobbler. i always pluck the feathers from them but threw away the wing bones.

Zdeerslayer 03-04-2006 10:29 AM

thx for the clarification.

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-04-2006 10:53 AM

Nice offer...

ultimag 03-04-2006 02:16 PM

they are suction yelpers which means you suck air through them you do not blow through them

JW 03-04-2006 09:40 PM

Hye Kylen! Didja notice those B yours!

On there way - sent Friday 3/3/06

fl.huntress 03-05-2006 09:22 AM

i still have the one you sent me from last year and i haven't forgotten that i owe you a set......y'all he does awesome work and it's a great deal...y'all won't be sorry.

DHF:KYLEN 03-05-2006 02:17 PM

:DSee Senor, MUuuuuuuuCHASSSSSSSSSSSSSS gRASciassssssssssss

Muie boneat tooooooooooooo... I just didn't want to brag about the fact that you made me famous. Thanks sir.;);)

JW 03-07-2006 06:35 PM

don't forget about this - I do need wingbones -

JW

txjourneyman 03-07-2006 08:20 PM

Hey JW!, that is a great offer and I would like to take you up on it. As soon as I get a bird this year it will be on its way. If I send you 4 wings could I possibly get 2? I'm not trying to be greedy, I would love to give 1 to my brother in law. He introduced me to turkey hunting. I can never pay him back for such a gift but one of your beautiful calls would be a good start.

JW 03-08-2006 06:20 AM

Yup - you send me 10 pairs ya get10 back.....more ya send the more ya get back.......and with people who send me lotsa wings there are a few specials added.....tis just a hobby though - can you beleive that!

JW

Mailman29680 03-08-2006 07:37 PM

I got four sets from last spring I need to send you.
I'll PM you

JW 03-13-2006 11:11 AM

OKAY - BIRDS ARE BEING KILLED - DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THOSE WINGS!!

FlDeerman 03-16-2006 08:22 PM

I'm in now I just need a bird.

JW 03-30-2006 07:58 AM

Bump....

Say ya are killing birds - Please don't waste those wings.......I do pay for postage if ya don't want them......

JW

tschaef 03-30-2006 08:17 AM

I don't suppose you know anything about restrictions for sending turkey parts over the border? I'm gonna have to look into it.

blazingbarrels270 03-30-2006 08:58 AM

Hey JW, that sounds like a great deal... I'll need to get another bird this year first... but it sounds awesome. Do I need to PM you to get your address, etc? Thanks.

saltflat 03-30-2006 10:41 AM

I would be interested. I have to get me a bird first. Your a good person for offering this. You wouldn't happen to have one already made that you would sell do you, since I don't have a bird yet.

Bloominghunter2 03-30-2006 01:32 PM

Do the wings ever thawout on the way to you?

If you want you're name and etc... Do you write it down andmail it with the wing.

JW 03-30-2006 02:47 PM

Yes they may thaw out during shipping. But that has not been a problem if the wing is in relatively good shape and not rotten. Once I get them I freeze again anyhow.

This is what you can do.

Now my deal is send a pair of wings and you get the best call back I can make and I keep the other. I ask for no money and will not accept any.

If you have lots of wings and don't want them I pay for postage once I have them. Oh I also make calls to donate to Wild life Banquets but when I do that I ask for a TAX write-off.

If you could just boil the wings and remove as much meat as ya can. If you don't want to do that that is okay too - just takes me longer to get yours done.

Any way you choose just freeze and bag tightly in a plastic bag and BOX. Do not put in a big envelop as I have recently lost some due to our Postal system.

Also in the box.
Please add on a sheet of paper ( to help me keep whose bones are whose)
Your handle
The web-page you responded to me from ( I am on several web-pages)
The name you want on your call
Also I can put
Wt of Bird
Beard Length
Spur Lengths
Date of Kill
NWTF Score.

Phone Number
Your e-mail address too

Then I add my signature and date it with the year made
And add a drawing of a feather.
It usually comes with a lanyard but I can make a call any way you like. I have even painted a few Camo as requested.

Now all wings sent to me this year will be done before season NEXT year!
This is a winter hobby for me....and I start hunting my own Wingbone donors soon.

If you want the spurs added to your call(s) I can do it. I will post new pictures soon.

Each call I make can either be hung on a wall or used in the field - they all work and sound good ...as I tune each one.

I will PM an addy if interested

Known here as JW!

JW

old longbeards 03-30-2006 03:32 PM

JW, i've been toying with the idea of making a wingbone myself....but i'm always too afraid it wont be right [&:]...i have a friend who works for the N.W.T.F. and he swears by them...i've got to admit, he makes it sound great. I'd like to e-mail ya about one myself...thanks. ;)

BYRD250 03-30-2006 04:49 PM

Thats one hell of a deal...When i get mine ill send it to you!

blazingbarrels270 03-30-2006 05:59 PM

I PM'd you JW...

JW 03-31-2006 05:55 AM

and I replied back!

Now hunt safe......

JW

blazingbarrels270 03-31-2006 12:34 PM

Hey JW,
Sorry if this makes me sound dumb... but what do you mean by "your handle", on the list of things to write on a piece of paper sent with the wings?

PA Bow/Flinter 03-31-2006 01:48 PM

I'm in....I just need to kill my first turkey and then I'll be in touch with you!:D

JW 03-31-2006 01:53 PM

Nosuch thing as a Dumb question in my books -

A "Handle" refers to the name you use on this board - suhch asmine "JW!" is not my real name.

Or it could be a Nickname you would like to see on your call.

And knowing your "Handle" here (The name you use & logon here) helps me try to find you, as I do oh so many of these calls.I want to make sure if I ever need to get in touch with you I know where to look.

JW

JW 04-18-2006 09:49 AM

Bump...

now accepting wings for the next few weeks...

JW

Jackelope 04-18-2006 01:05 PM

JW-me and a buddy got a couple birds this weekend and we would like to send you some wings. i tried sending you a pm, but this computer at work blocked it. shoot me a pm with info on where to send them, etc.
thanks.
Josh

JW 04-18-2006 02:34 PM

PM has been sent.

JW

it flies it dies 04-18-2006 09:05 PM

Where do we send the wings to? I am very interested, by the way good work on the ones in the pics posted!