Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall >

using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall

Old 02-28-2006, 07:48 AM

Default using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall

Even though an inflatable decoy looks good they may be a waste of money also. Now im not tellin whoever has them to go throw them away. But, when when you get a dominant tom approaching your decoyshe may want to fight them. And if they are inflatable, even worse. I have used inflatable decoys but, i never will again. One evening i left three turkey decoys out after i was done hunting so i would not have to mess with them in the morning because i knew i may be a little late the next morning. Well, when i got to my hunting spoti found the the two jakes i had set up were deflated and the hen was still standing lol. A dominant tom had come probably on his way to the roost and decided to fight my decoys. You could see where is spurs sliced down the decoys and all the feathers on the ground. He was serious. Now, i dont even wanna know what he did to my hen, but after that, i threw them all away and bought different ones.Not inflatable. I'll never use those again.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall

that's exactly why i'll never buy one.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

countrymudder sounds like ya should have stayed put and killed that dominant bird where do you hunt? do you have too quit at noon or something? maybe a predater came in overnite and killed those jakes? maybe those slices were claw marks?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

mudder re read your post i guess a coyote would not leave feathers
Old 02-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I wasnt think of that as much as what happens if they are hit by a stray pellet. It would be more critical where you catch a Tom at in relation to the inflatibles. As I said, one stray pellet, and PPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSStTTTTTTTTTT [8D]
Old 03-01-2006, 06:43 AM

Well, i left around 3:00 that afternoon because i had somewhere to be. And I regret every minute of it but there will be plenty of other chances..i cant wait till' this turkey season. I hunt in arkansas, and that day was was huntin in elpaso, arkansas.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: countrymudder

Even though an inflatable decoy looks good they may be a waste of money also. Now im not tellin whoever has them to go throw them away. But, when when you get a dominant tom approaching your decoyshe may want to fight them. And if they are inflatable, even worse. I have used inflatable decoys but, i never will again. One evening i left three turkey decoys out after i was done hunting so i would not have to mess with them in the morning because i knew i may be a little late the next morning. Well, when i got to my hunting spoti found the the two jakes i had set up were deflated and the hen was still standing lol. A dominant tom had come probably on his way to the roost and decided to fight my decoys. You could see where is spurs sliced down the decoys and all the feathers on the ground. He was serious. Now, i dont even wanna know what he did to my hen, but after that, i threw them all away and bought different ones.Not inflatable. I'll never use those again.
Ditto!!! I can't imagine anyone using them either!! Delta, Feather-Flex, and Carry-Lite all make great decoys for the money. Why worry about punching a hole into an inflatable decoy????
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

ahhhhhhhhmmmmmm Hazel creek decoy, just don't leave it out over night.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TurkeyStalker

ahhhhhhhhmmmmmm Hazel creek decoy, just don't leave it out over night.
Most people I bet can't afford the Hazel Creek, and hopefully you are not walking very far! [&:]
Old 03-01-2006, 09:46 PM

I have a few of them and like them myself. They look very realistic. And they work.

As for leaving the decoys out, no offense, but thats kinda a no no. It only educates the birds.

If you get a small hole in them you can use the patch stuff that comes with them. They are also easier to carry to me.

Quick Reply: using inflatable decoys can be a major downfall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.