Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

i hate knight and hale

Old 02-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Default i hate knight and hale

i got 2 of the knight and hale lonesome hen push pin turkey calls they are not good at all .i got 1 for me and 1 for my dad ,and now i cant even use them and i dont have any uther calls. i am 14 so i dont have any $$ so i cant by any more and my dad wont spened any $$ on calls.i am so mad!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:21 PM

Default RE: i hate knight and hale

most of there calls are pretty good. what is wrong with them.do they not work,if both are as you say no good. maybe it not the call,not saying its you.most times if you have both bad then something else is wrong.some you have to move the thing around and tune them. I have one for my wife and it works good.
carry them back to wal-mart and they will refund you money, even if you didn't get them there.just a though.

hope it all works out,and good luck this season.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 PM

i know how i use them its that thay are no good i have used turkey calls befor
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM

I've got one and mine sounds great. I killed a gobbler last year and the Knight and Hale lonesome hen call was all he would respond to, After about 30 min. of pushing on that thing he came strutting up, so I don't think they are a piece of junk. Take it to the woods and try it and let the turkeys determine if it is a piece of junk.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 PM

ok i will try, but the 2 of them do not sound the same y is that
Old 02-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Spike

Did you try sanding the sound board inside the call?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:07 PM

yes i did
Old 02-27-2006, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: deerkiller123

i know how i use them its that thay are no good i have used turkey calls befor

dk; I didn't mean that you didn't know how to use one.just that all I have saw and used worked good.sometimes the call doesn't sound good to us, but a turkey will respond to it great.
just give them a try and see if the birds like them.go try it befor the season comes in , good luck.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

No two calls will sound the same, i don't think that you should post that you HATE anything. Actually Harold and David are extremely respectable people. I happen to like some of their calls and will only use their diaphrams. You have to relize that these are mass produced calls, not custom calls. Get some chalk or some sandpaper and go to town. Push pull style boxes are notreal loud. Did you try them out before you bought them?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

[&:]I have a couple too, and now I can not get a good sound out of them. I will be in search of another push pin, just havent found one from all the companies that I like the sound of when I have it in the woods, or that they have answered to. Guess I got to keep looking or just stick with the slate or box......

Quick Reply: i hate knight and hale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.