Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth calls

Old 02-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mouth calls

Hey I just started using mouth calls and I can yelp,cluck and cutt. I was wondering how you purr and cackle in a mouth call? Thanks form the help

Ryan
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM

Default RE: Mouth calls

I cant help you on this one, i mainly stick to slate, crystall and glass calls. I love em'..dont get me wrong, i do use a diaphragm. Ialways keep one in my mouth when hunting for when that big tom comes up close and u cant move a muscle. But as far as explainin how to do..me not being that good at it myself, i cant..sorry. If you got the basic calls down, keep workin with it and u shoud get good at the others

Old 02-20-2006, 03:35 PM

I just bought a three pack from Primos and am doing good to get any sound out I can make them work but can't cut, cluck, kee, anything...

I have been sold on slate calls and am fair with them I feel but wanted to try something new...
Old 02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not all these mouth calls will do these call good. If you want a mouth call to do a good purr , try to use a V cut type call. The Cut helps perform the purr with the viberations from the laytex. The same goes with the Cutt , some do it better then others. I find the Cutter calls work a little better and they give you cleaner crisp Cluck in each note...BT