Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I need HELP!!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Spike

Default I need HELP!!!!

I bought a bow before winter and been shotting it a winter long and I am going turkey hunting this spring. This is my first bow and very first turkey hunting that I hve every done so I need to know what I need to buy to get my first turkey in the bag. I do have a ground blind that I bought for deer hunting so the little boy can sit there with me. So what I am asking is what else do I need to buy? What is a good easy call to use? All little and big info is need!!! THANK YOU FOR HELPING OUT!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I need HELP!!!!

Get you a push/pull type call. They r the easiest to use for both of you. You can find them in any Spring turkey hunting catalog. And they are deadly as any call in the book. Probally need to get some decoys, again, they r in the catalog. As to what Brand is a matter of choice. A couple of hens and a jake decoy would be a good combo. Best of luck
Old 02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

A pushpin type call is good for beginners. A slate type call (maybe a Primos Power Crystal) is a good one to learn with. You really have to work to rough up the calling surface on a crystal call but they're not hard to learn with and make good turkey sounds.
A good box call can work well too. You can be making turkey sounds on a box in a few minutes. Get a video that shows how to call turkeys, preferably one with real turkey sounds on it and practice!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

A great beginner slate type call is the Ol Yeller by Knight and Hale. Easy to use and sounds good too.