Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Camo gun??

Old 02-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Camo gun??

Do any of you folks hunt with a standard black finish SG?

Old 02-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Camo gun??

I have a black benelli nova. I've always bowhunted them until this year, so I can't say much about how the black finish will affect my hunts. My hunting buddy has a black benelli nova that he has hunted with for a few years and killed his share of birds, so I think it is fine.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Arguna

Just as a side note: My neighbor recieved a nova for x-mas this year and he had some problems with 3.5 shells chamberingwhile we were duck hunting on the last day of the season. Have you or your friend had any problems with yours?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Spike

My preference would go witha camo gun, because you never want mr strutt walking in and your not in position..and spook him because he saw the gun. It's your call
Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 PM

Let me asnswer this for you. Camo guns haven't been around, but about what, five or six years? Maybe 10 if you go back to the old woodland camo guns.

How long have people been turkey hunting? Answer your question?

Personally, I like the black. I don't really like the camo for some reason. Matt black is just as good as camo. Don't go withone that is shiny. The key to not being seen is keeping movement limited.

I've had flocks of 15+ birds 20 yards from me, with my gun up, sitting on the edge of a field really sticking out likea sore thumband they never noticed me.

The most important thing is movement.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM

what about using a wood stock? I have a Rem 870 with a wood stock I plan on using for my first turkey hunt. I thought about getting camo tape but does it leave the stock all stcky when you take it off. I also saw this plastic camo stuff in cabelas thatyou put over your gun and shrink wrap it with a hair dryer. Any opinions?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:51 PM

well said strutnbps.limited movement is the key
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt with a black rem 870 and don't think it makes a difference. As long as your gun isn't shinning its ok. Besides guys, A turkey dosen't know what a gun is anyway. Camo guns are for looks in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:57 AM

If you want to camo it..just get two or three cans of Walmart $1 flat colored paint of your choice. Then break off some branches from the bushes in your yard for template and camouflage it.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have used both the camo and the black and have never felt like it
mattered one way or the other, I like the camo, just a personal
preference. Just show the turkeys the small end and they will never
know what hit them.

Quick Reply: Camo gun??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.