Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 a question about turkey with a bow >

a question about turkey with a bow

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

a question about turkey with a bow

Old 01-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Default a question about turkey with a bow

i have these broadheads that have 1" cutting Dia.and they are not that sharp will it kill a turkey???
Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 PM

Default RE: a question about turkey with a bow

1 inch is fine, but can you sharpen the blades? It would make life a lot easier. I use ABC broadheads with the 1" cutting diameter, and it sticks and bleeds those turks out. Let me know if you can sharpen them, and what kind they are too. That will help...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:14 PM

they are 2 extreme titanium broadheads can i sharpen razer blades?
Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 PM

Certain blades you can resharpen, but most broadheads these days have replacement blades that you can purchase and put back on the steel/titanium body of the broadhead. I have steel blades, like razorblades, that can be resharpened no problem, with an appropriate stone or sharpener. If they are titatnium blades, I would look to just buy replacements, because you want those blades to cut on contact and make a deep penetrating kill shot.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:53 PM

the blabes are not titanium just the tip is
Old 01-27-2006, 07:56 PM

i looked there is no replacement blades for these
Old 01-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deb098

i have these broadheads that have 1" cutting Dia.and they are not that sharp will it kill a turkey???
Those will be fine. Turkey hunting isnt like hunting any other animal. You actually dont want your arrow to penetrate completely through the turkey. Some people use fieldtips with those little arrow stoppers on the back. I dont like that setup. But dull broadheads are ok for turkey nothing else though. JMHO
Old 01-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

if i get a chance i want to get some large diameter mechanicals. they're supposed to work well on turkey's. most of the time if you shoot a lower draw weight they'll stick in the turkey from what i've heard.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:23 AM

you live in leesburg fl. i live in mt. dora cool will my broadheads kill
Old 01-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Typical Buck

Dull broadheads are fine for turkeys. Like Bullmoose said, you don't care about penetration on a bird. Wasp made(may still) broadhead that had what they called"turkey spurs". All they were were Wasp heads with littlehooks at the rear to slow penetration and tear flesh. Field tips with adder points are used all the time. You are looking for theshock, and penetration to go at leasthalf-way into the bird. Shooting completely through a bird doesn'thelp like it does on a deer or elk. Just hit the spot.

Quick Reply: a question about turkey with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.